Original wooden front door advice

Hi, I'm hoping someone can give me some advice on my front door.

It's a hardwood (I think original) front door on a Victorian house that needs some attention. Keys won't turn in the lock properly so it's a massive struggle to get in. Sometimes it jams and I think it needs screwing together to make it more secure.

I'm not sure whether we just need a new lock, or need to strip, fill, tighten and repaint it, or whether we'd be better just getting a new door. I'd rather not, as it would be very costly to replace like for like, and we've just got nice new glass in it.

We've had 3 people round to look at it, but they've done no good at all. One just sanded a bit off the edges (fine when it's been raining and has swollen, but take any more off and it'll be draughty in the winter. Another sprayed WD40 in the lock, and the third whistled and said, "Ee, you could spend a fortune on that" without actually suggesting anything that we should do!

Because it's a tricky one, I don't think a general joiner or carpenter would be what we were after.

If you've had success sorting out a wooden door of your own, or know someone who would be able to help us, I'd be grateful for your suggestions.

Why don't you replace the lock for the same type if it's the lock giving you the problem?

You could do with a proper carpenter or cabinet maker, someone who can craft wood.

It sounds like the door needs renovating and repairing and will cost a fair amount to do. Once done it can be sealed against the weather and fitted to the frame accurately. No more sticking and drafts, and a nice original feature.