Mileage issue used car

Right... I would advertise them to anybody buying a car they have been absolutely fantasic all the way through hence they admitted it was an admin error and couldn't apologise enough.

The general manager admitted he had no idea how it had happened, and asked ''what I wanted to make me happy''

My reply was the ball is in your court, to which he replied '' He thought about providing free servicing for 2 years - as you do I asked for 3 years free servicing which he had no hesitation in accepting - to be honest because they felt so embarrassed and told me the truth instead of trying to cover up the error I would have probably accepted the apology and a free mug lol

but hey ho if you don't try you don't get :thumbsup:

Great people and an honest and professional outfit - please use Toyota Chesterfield you won't be disappointed, but DO check the mileage :)

You didn't ask for a full tank of fuel and a bunch of flowers as well? :hihi:

Glad to hear you got the matter resolved to your satisfaction. :thumbsup:

Great result all around, nice to see decent customer service!

:thumbsup:
Great result all around, nice to see decent customer service!

I,ve just picked up my new but used vehicle today from a main dealer who at the moment shall remain nameless. The docs say 14500 miles and was clearly advertised as such but having picked up today the mileage was 22500 miles, now I did test drive it but was more concerned with the ride quality than looking at the odometer, granted I should have paid more attention.

I'm in a quandry as to how to approach this with the very friendly and approachable staff, I genuinely think this is an honest mistake but would impact my resale of this vehicle as effectively this is 1yrs mileage more on average.

Has anybody else experienced this and has anyone any suggestions p.s the value is 15k so not to be sniffed at but i did get what I thought and still think considering the above a good deal. :roll:

Its obviously been clocked.

Back in the day before electronic mileage counters , it was common knowledge it was easily done with a simple magnet placed in the correct position to wind it back.

Back in the day before electronic mileage counters , it was common knowledge it was easily done with a simple magnet placed in the correct position to wind it back.

Yes, people often clock cars to make them look like they’ve done more mileage...:loopy:

Yes, people often clock cars to make them look like they’ve done more mileage...:loopy:

:hihi::hihi: Reverse automotive psychology?

Why are you bumping threads from last year?

Why are you bumping threads from last year?

Because he can I suspect.

Angel1.