Gillette has changed their Mach 3 blades

Really peed off at this. First of all, the lubricating strip seems to last about 3-4 shaves whereas before it took about a week.

And secondly, I can feel nicks and even cut myself slightly after about 20 years. I've been using these blades for years and they've always been brilliant. Why Gillette decided to tamper with the design is beyond me.

The pack I got was for 13 blades for about £20. I'm wondering if it's that particular pack that they've messed with. Maybe if I went for the 8 pack, the design would be as before?

Anyone else notice this and if I change brands, which one(s) would you recommend?

Thanks.

It's the shrinkflation age everything is getting less,it sounds like they maybe cost cutting the materials or a process in manufacturing.

Really peed off at this. First of all, the lubricating strip seems to last about 3-4 shaves whereas before it took about a week.

And secondly, I can feel nicks and even cut myself slightly after about 20 years. I've been using these blades for years and they've always been brilliant. Why Gillette decided to tamper with the design is beyond me.

The pack I got was for 13 blades for about £20. I'm wondering if it's that particular pack that they've messed with. Maybe if I went for the 8 pack, the design would be as before?

Anyone else notice this and if I change brands, which one(s) would you recommend?

Thanks.

try this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/gds/How-to-spot-counterfeit-Gillette-MACH-3-blades-/10000000014482836/g.html

It's the shrinkflation age everything is getting less,it sounds like they maybe cost cutting the materials or a process in manufacturing.

Apparently it costs only a few pence to make the blades.

---------- Post added 27-06-2017 at 11:37 ----------

Thanks BB, but I got mine from a reputable seller (Superdrug). I've always got my shaving stuff from them and everything's been great in the past.. i.e genuine.

It's extremely unlikely they'd be selling fake blades.

Edited by GreenyGreen

Thanks.

I get that after a few minutes so you do well.

I found Gillette Machs very expensive. I use Gilette disposable with 2 blades - They last for a good few shaves & are relatively inexpensive.

Did toy with the idea of trying to shave with a straight razor to cut down on expense...but I'd end up looking like Freddy Krueger

Srcap all of them and stick with wet shave, maybe there off scrap heap.

I tried the Bearded Colonel and they're very good. Handle's made of a "rubbery" soft plastic and a shave lasts a lot longer than with my last Wilkinson Sword 4 blades.

Alternatively if you want to try a safety razor blades are dirt cheap on amazon. Just didn't work so well for me around the mouth.

https://beardedcolonel.co.uk

or 100 double edge blades for a tenner

https://www.amazon.co.uk/100-Astra-Superior-Platinum-Shaving/dp/B00CK7NQ8Y/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1498676647&sr=8-1&keywords=astra+razor+blades