Mess left at Base Green after grass cutting

If the finger pointers did less finger pointing and get out a brush and shovel they'd be no mess:hihi:

Precisely! First world problems and all that.

I couldn't help but cringe when I read this article, with instant mental images of the finger wavers shouting "I pay your wages with my council tax".

Of course the truth of the matter being that Sheffield City Council have lost in excess of 450 million pounds from its budget since the Tories began to control our country in 2010. How many of these finger pointers voted who are sanctioning the cuts into power?

The parks & gardens department of SCC used to have many a highly skilled worker however these days they have a skeleton staffed team of several guys on ride on mowers and a few subcontract staff from local farms to trim hedges etc. These guys do well to get around and cut grass through the majority of a very big city, never mind picking the cuttings up as well.

Blame the Tory cuts (Yawn)

I agree that our parks etc were superb and second to none when they were under council control but then they were hived off to the highest bidder and jobs were lost for profit. Yes cuts had to be made but money had to be found to pay for the foreign scroungers that Labour invited (without our consent) to our City of Sanctuary.

Edited by cytine

Guest makapaka
Blame the Tory cuts (Yawn)

I agree that our parks etc were superb and second to none when they were under council control but then they were hived off to the highest bidder and jobs were lost for profit. Yes cuts had to be made but money had to be found to pay for the foreign scroungers that Labour invited (without our consent) to our City of Sanctuary.

What an ill informed post.

I agree

Grass cuttings just left on surface around Crookes Walkley

They should be worrying about real problems, such a litter, at least grass cuttings are bio-degradable. I can't believe that three people are seriously posing like this in the paper. What also, does it say about the Star, when there is an issue of safety in tower blocks to be considered?

Ill leave the tower blocks to the appropriate thread(s) but YES cuttings will soon degrade, unlike the freaking mess that those ridiculous blue bins make on the streets when put out on windy days for collection.

I'll wager that those stupid top-heavy bins make up at least 50% of the litter pick budget of out city.

grass cuttings are the least of our problems!

Guest makapaka

Couldnt they just sweep them up - or cut them themselves- I used to do that.

What an ill informed post.

I'd bow to your superior intelligence, if you had any..

looks like he did poo-poos on the grass verge and they are making him put it in a plastic bag and take it home!

Seen in Sheffield star people complaining about the grass verg outside there homes what the council have supposed to have cut ,they want to come and look outside our homes what they have done

They have used a jcb to do the edges, what a mess damaged pavement and to be honest if that's supposed to be a straight edge wow ,do we really pay these

People think it's time they got a person out to check what they are doing

You could get a bunch of chimpanzees to do a better job

Couldnt they just sweep it up?

Just what I was thinking !

They could have swept it up in the time it took to pose and have their picture taken.

Some people have far too much time on their hands :rolleyes: