The right to own a firearm.

The right to own a firearm  

72 members have voted

1. 1. The right to own a firearm

• Yes I should have the right to own a firearm and prepared to use it
    • Limited right to own a firearm under limited guide lines
    • No person unless under licence should own a firearm
    • Not sure would need to look into it

Hello my old friend how's your YouTube channel going?

So if someone breaks into your house tonight you have a child your gonna want to protect them right?

The guy threatens your child and you but you have the means to protect yourself and your child yes you would use it. By the time you ring the cops you could be dead.

Don't know about you but I have a very solid, alarmed front door that no one is going to kick in.

Failing that I have a protection GSD and a Rottweiler. If any drug addled smack head or little chav **** gets past that lot ( because , believe me that's who commits house breaks over here ) I will just bitch slap them.

Also, anyone going to break into a house or try to rob a shop etc might do it with a lesser weapon now. If they knew the people in the house/shop were very likely to have a gun then theyd make sure 100% they had one too.

(Edit - Just seen Cyclones post, saying more or less the same thing. Sorry!)

Edited by nikki-red

Do you mean the "fact" gang. Who don't want to base an entire thread on your air headed wonderings?

Good for you. Do you know the chance of you being shot in the US, guess how much higher it is than in the UK?

No, nobody in their right mind would want the UK to follow the US.

The rate of murders is one of the highest in the western world. The chance of being killed with your own gun is far higher than ever defending yourself.

Toddlers routinely kill their parents by accident, and school and university massacres seem to happen about every 6 months.

The NRA somehow always answers this with "more guns". Clearly more guns is not the answer.

And you know what else happens, if you're going to burgle a house in Texas, you go armed, and if you disturb the homeowner, you shoot him first. In Sheffield, not so much.

---------- Post added 26-06-2017 at 21:20 ----------

You're more likely to kill yourself or a friend by accident than to successfully defend yourself in some sort of Rambo fantasy.

^^^^

This. Just this.

Thankfully this is one thing we haven't imported from the USA!

Don't know about you but I have a very solid, alarmed front door that no one is going to kick in.

Failing that I have a protection GSD and a Rottweiler. If any drug addled smack head or little chav **** gets past that lot ( because , believe me that's who commits house breaks over here ) I will just bitch slap them.

Well good for you remember no home it's complete without a Rottweiler :hihi:

---------- Post added 26-06-2017 at 22:26 ----------

^^^^

This. Just this.

Thankfully this is one thing we haven't imported from the USA!

Texas's house breaking dropped a lot after the law was charged but Sheffield's rate keeps going up year by year clearly all is not well. Surely a man has the right to protect himself and his family and property against the would be thief's?

Edited by esme
quote tags

I have a pick axe handle at the side of the bed . Just in case someone decides they want to rob me.

Remember that farmer who shot the thief Tim Martin the case would have been throw out in the United States he was merely protecting his property . The trespassers had broken in before hell bent in taking things he had the right to shot stupid case .

Hello my old friend how's your YouTube channel going?

So if someone breaks into your house tonight you have a child your gonna want to protect them right?

The guy threatens your child and you but you have the means to protect yourself and your child yes you would use it. By the time you ring the cops you could be dead.

This isn't a Michael Winner film. It's the UK.

This isn't a Michael Winner film. It's the UK.

What the hell has Michael Winner got to do with it can't stand the guy :gag:. If you must bring someone into it chose Brad Pitt at least his easy on the eye.:)

I have a pick axe handle at the side of the bed . Just in case someone decides they want to rob me.

You will have trouble swinging that about when you are still half asleep.

Guest sibon
You will have trouble swinging that about when you are still half asleep.

I used to have a cricket bat, until I realised that swinging it in the hallway wasn't going to be easier. I now have something shorter, but no less painful.

I used to have a cricket bat, until I realised that swinging it in the hallway wasn't going to be easier. I now have something shorter, but no less painful.

I hope you never have to use it sibon.

I have a wife, and i ain't afraid to use her, and if you get past her i will resort to using the best weapon she ever gave me, one of her Yorkshire puddings, kill a man from 30 feet throw they will, lol