The right to own a firearm.

The right to own a firearm  

72 members have voted

1. 1. The right to own a firearm

• Yes I should have the right to own a firearm and prepared to use it
    • Limited right to own a firearm under limited guide lines
    • No person unless under licence should own a firearm
    • Not sure would need to look into it

I often read online news about the UK it's seems to me crime is up ( get ready for the crime is down so need less Police gang to come out of hiding) often victim's of crime simply get a crime number and that's your lot my brother had this treatment after his car was broke in. Here in the United States under permit I can and do own a gun plus a member of National Rifles Association often practice out at a firing range.

In Texas if someone breaks into your home you have the right to protect you yourself and property as long the person breaking in is committing a crime is it time this right was given to UK citizens with the same guide lines? If Police cuts carry on as they are surely one has the right to protect himself against others who want to harm you and your family ?

Hi crookedspire, hope you are well. :wave:

Just a quick question regarding the crime number comment.

What if a crime occurs and there are no witnesses and no cctv etc. What do you expect the police to do? They don't know who did it anymore than you or me. If someone is suspected of committing the crime that is not enough to stand up in court.

Guest sibon
Terrorists will get arms from someone else if you know we're to look. I'm talking about personal protection.

And they are breaking the law simply by carrying one.

That makes it easier to arrest and prosecute potential terrorists.

I often read online news about the UK it's seems to me crime is up ( get ready for the crime is down so need less Police gang to come out of hiding)

Do you mean the "fact" gang. Who don't want to base an entire thread on your air headed wonderings?

often victim's of crime simply get a crime number and that's your lot my brother had this treatment after his car was broke in. Here in the United States under permit I can and do own a gun plus a member of National Rifles Association often practice out at a firing range.

Good for you. Do you know the chance of you being shot in the US, guess how much higher it is than in the UK?

In Texas if someone breaks into your home you have the right to protect you yourself and property as long the person breaking in is committing a crime is it time this right was given to UK citizens with the same guide lines? If Police cuts carry on as they are surely one has the right to protect himself against others who want to harm you and your family ?

No, nobody in their right mind would want the UK to follow the US.

The rate of murders is one of the highest in the western world. The chance of being killed with your own gun is far higher than ever defending yourself.

Toddlers routinely kill their parents by accident, and school and university massacres seem to happen about every 6 months.

The NRA somehow always answers this with "more guns". Clearly more guns is not the answer.

And you know what else happens, if you're going to burgle a house in Texas, you go armed, and if you disturb the homeowner, you shoot him first. In Sheffield, not so much.

---------- Post added 26-06-2017 at 21:20 ----------

Waiting for them to try it and prepared.:)

You're more likely to kill yourself or a friend by accident than to successfully defend yourself in some sort of Rambo fantasy.

But it's written in the United.States constitution we have the right to protect ourselves. Why shouldn't the UK have the same right less Police about on the beat.

---------- Post added 26-06-2017 at 20:17 ----------

Unless you live in Baltimore ,Detroit or Cleveland and a few other places dotted about. Why not book yourself an romantic holiday to Detroit ?

We protect ourselves with our fists buddy. It's the British way.

Hi crookedspire, hope you are well. :wave:

Just a quick question regarding the crime number comment.

What if a crime occurs and there are no witnesses and no cctv etc. What do you expect the police to do? They don't know who did it anymore than you or me. If someone is suspected of committing the crime that is not enough to stand up in court.

Hello their , Evidence from the crime scene would back up any claim be yourself it has happened here post mortem would offer more clues most houses here have cameras unless live really remote.

Guest sibon

I'm just wondering about the journey from Chessie to DC. That happened fast.

Perhaps but acesss to guns is more easily than one likes to admit.

Hello their , Evidence from the crime scene would back up any claim be yourself it has happened here post mortem would offer more clues most houses here have cameras unless live really remote.

Sorry I was referring to your brother having his car broken into. My fault entirely because I went off topic.

I personally would not like to own a firearm though.

Do you mean the "fact" gang. Who don't want to base an entire thread on your air headed wonderings?

Good for you. Do you know the chance of you being shot in the US, guess how much higher it is than in the UK?

No, nobody in their right mind would want the UK to follow the US.

The rate of murders is one of the highest in the western world. The chance of being killed with your own gun is far higher than ever defending yourself.

Toddlers routinely kill their parents by accident, and school and university massacres seem to happen about every 6 months.

The NRA somehow always answers this with "more guns". Clearly more guns is not the answer.

And you know what else happens, if you're going to burgle a house in Texas, you go armed, and if you disturb the homeowner, you shoot him first. In Sheffield, not so much.

---------- Post added 26-06-2017 at 21:20 ----------

You're more likely to kill yourself or a friend by accident than to successfully defend yourself in some sort of Rambo fantasy.

Hello my old friend how's your YouTube channel going?

So if someone breaks into your house tonight you have a child your gonna want to protect them right?

The guy threatens your child and you but you have the means to protect yourself and your child yes you would use it. By the time you ring the cops you could be dead.

Hello my old friend how's your YouTube channel going?

So if someone breaks into your house tonight you have a child your gonna want to protect them right?

The guy threatens your child and you but you have the means to protect yourself and your child yes you would use it. By the time you ring the cops you could be dead.

But collectively, more kids are killed by guns in the US than the UK, so there's a very heavy cost that comes with your man given right to defend yourself with lethal force.

I don't think you'll find many here wanting to follow the US example. We like that gun crime isn't rife here.

Nothing good can come out from easily accessible firearms.

Of course no one should have any firearm without a rigorous check by the police,that said it doesn't stop the odd lunatic owning one even with the check.

What about Farmers who need a shotgun for pest control. ?