The right to own a firearm.

The right to own a firearm  

72 members have voted

1. 1. The right to own a firearm

• Yes I should have the right to own a firearm and prepared to use it
    • Limited right to own a firearm under limited guide lines
    • No person unless under licence should own a firearm
    • Not sure would need to look into it

I often read online news about the UK it's seems to me crime is up ( get ready for the crime is down so need less Police gang to come out of hiding) often victim's of crime simply get a crime number and that's your lot my brother had this treatment after his car was broke in. Here in the United States under permit I can and do own a gun plus a member of National Rifles Association often practice out at a firing range.

In Texas if someone breaks into your home you have the right to protect you yourself and property as long the person breaking in is committing a crime is it time this right was given to UK citizens with the same guide lines? If Police cuts carry on as they are surely one has the right to protect himself against others who want to harm you and your family ?

We've had 3 terrorist attacks here in recent months. Do you think it should be easier for them to get guns?

In 2014 8,124 people were shot dead in the States. Here it was about 50. The USA's number of gun homicides is 160 times ours for a population that is 6 times larger than ours.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2016/06/16/gun-violence-united-kingdom-united-states/85994716/

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/14/upshot/compare-these-gun-death-rates-the-us-is-in-a-different-world.html

Of course no one should have any firearm without a rigorous check by the police,that said it doesn't stop the odd lunatic owning one even with the check.

We've had 3 terrorist attacks here in recent months. Do you think it should be easier for them to get guns?

In 2014 8,124 people were shot dead in the States. Here it was about 50. The USA's number of gun homicides is 160 times ours for a population that is 6 times larger than ours.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2016/06/16/gun-violence-united-kingdom-united-states/85994716/

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/14/upshot/compare-these-gun-death-rates-the-us-is-in-a-different-world.html

Terrorists will get arms from someone else if you know we're to look. I'm talking about personal protection.

---------- Post added 26-06-2017 at 19:58 ----------

Of course no one should have any firearm without a rigorous check by the police,that said it doesn't stop the odd lunatic owning one even with the check.

Ture but if someone broke into you home armed you would want to protect yourself ?

Terrorists will get arms from someone else if you know we're to look. I'm talking about personal protection.

they probably will, but it's still quite hard to get one in the uk and should remain so, allowing easier accessibility will make it easier for those with evil intent to get them as well.

i doubt a terrorist would answer the question "are you a terrorist?" honestly....

I often read online news about the UK it's seems to me crime is up ( get ready for the crime is down so need less Police gang to come out of hiding) often victim's of crime simply get a crime number and that's your lot my brother had this treatment after his car was broke in. Here in the United States under permit I can and do own a gun plus a member of National Rifles Association often practice out at a firing range.

In Texas if someone breaks into your home you have the right to protect you yourself and property as long the person breaking in is committing a crime is it time this right was given to UK citizens with the same guide lines? If Police cuts carry on as they are surely one has the right to protect himself against others who want to harm you and your family ?

You and I both know that gun crime is nothing in Britain compared to North America. There is no reason on earth why people should be allowed guns unless they are police, military or special services people. I do strongly believe that all UK policemen should carry firearms in this day and age. There are no other countries in the world , to my knowledge, who allow their police officers to go on the streets unarmed. Those two officers at the two London incidents were not armed , one died in the first one. At the second one the officer who challenged the terrorists may have saved lives and prevented his own, grievous injuries, had he had more than his truncheon.

---------- Post added 26-06-2017 at 19:58 ----------

Ture but if someone broke into you home armed you would want to protect yourself ?

how many armed people have broke into your home lately?

how many armed people have broke into your home lately?

Waiting for them to try it and prepared.:)

Waiting for them to try it and prepared.:)

so thats none then, and in the vast majority of peoples cases it will be none too

You and I both know that gun crime is nothing in Britain compared to North America. There is no reason on earth why people should be allowed guns unless they are police, military or special services people. I do strongly believe that all UK policemen should carry firearms in this day and age. There are no other countries in the world , to my knowledge, who allow their police officers to go on the streets unarmed. Those two officers at the two London incidents were not armed , one died in the first one. At the second one the officer who challenged the terrorists may have saved lives and prevented his own, grievous injuries, had he had more than his truncheon.

But it's written in the United.States constitution we have the right to protect ourselves. Why shouldn't the UK have the same right less Police about on the beat.

---------- Post added 26-06-2017 at 20:17 ----------

so thats none then, and in the vast majority of peoples cases it will be none too

Unless you live in Baltimore ,Detroit or Cleveland and a few other places dotted about. Why not book yourself an romantic holiday to Detroit ?

Reminds me of Chris Kyle, the American Sniper, who lived to kill and was shot dead on a Texan gun range where they tend to believe in gun ownership for personal protection;

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jan/06/real-american-sniper-hate-filled-killer-why-patriots-calling-hero-chris-kyle

But it's written in the United.States constitution we have the right to protect ourselves. Why shouldn't the UK have the same right less Police about on the beat.

---------- Post added 26-06-2017 at 20:17 ----------

Unless you live in Baltimore ,Detroit or Cleveland and a few other places dotted about. Why not book yourself an romantic holiday to Detroit ?

But what you fail to admit is, that gun crime is so prevalent in the US because of the ease of ownership of firearms, which shoots your argument right out of the air. Pardon the pun. Even in Canada , where gun ownership is disallowed , we still have gun crime because of our 3000 mile undefended border with the US. Canadian cops carry guns however. It is futile to compare any of those cities you mentioned with British cities , as there is no comparison whatsoever, when it comes to gun crime.