DUP gets £1.5Bn for lending votes.

Reading some of the justifications for May's government from her supporters on here and on other threads, my sense is that May and her supporters deserve each other....They bring out each other's best

Only if you listen to an IRA terrorist called Gerry Adams. It's a shame his voice can't be dubbed like it was when Mrs Thatcher was our Prime Minister, because my skin crawls when ever I hear the piece of vermin speak.

As does mine when I hear the DUP apologists for 'loyalist' terrorists attempt to claim that it's all the fault of 'themmuns'.

The DUP are in bed with the UDA and UVF, both 'loyalist' terrorist groups and still active.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjB6K6Rr9zUAhVCWhQKHSu3BOsQFghFMAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Fuk-news%2F2017%2Fmay%2F29%2Fman-shot-in-front-of-son-in-northern-ireland-victim-of-uda-internal-feud-colin-horner&usg=AFQjCNErALRzXuQKBjRdakhXoUdMhHV8wg

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjGufnokNzUAhWMPhQKHX4mAp0QFghGMAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.belfasttelegraph.co.uk%2Fsunday-life%2Fgovernment-gave-udalinked-groups-5-million-of-taxpayers-money-35121805.html&usg=AFQjCNHwcWm5Xzv0p-vwrGM67R770cOFvw

During the Troubles 87.2% of all murders carried out by 'loyalists' were of innocent civilians.

I'm no fan of Adams ( although Martin McGuinness turned out a good man ) but the so called 'loyalist' groups were responsible for starting the Troubles in 1969, and it was not til December 1969 that the PIRA formed to oppose them.

As much as I dislike Adams he is correct in his assertion that this deal is in contravention of the 1998 Good Friday Agreement.

That was an agreement between two sovereign states lodged as a treaty with the UN.

It clearly states that both governments are to remain impartial and allow the Stormont Assembly to decide the future of Northern Ireland.

How can the Conservative government be impartial when they are in a pact to prop up their majority with the DUP?

Dirty deal for dirty votes by a thoroughly discredited PM.

You of course thought exactly the same when Labour approached the DUP to broker a deal in 2010...right??

Tories paying terrorist sympathisers with OUR MONEY for their votes in the House of Commons. What will The Sun, Daily Mail and Express say about that???

http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/will-may-be-terrorist-sympathiser-after-dup-link/

Labour voters calling the Tories terrorist sympathisers . Pot calling the kettle considering your own leaders history.

Dirty deal for dirty votes by a thoroughly discredited PM.

Gerry adams on the news now saying more money going into N. Ireland is a Good thing

Gerry adams on the news now saying more money going into N. Ireland is a Good thing

So Adams now supports the deal?

Pull the other one...

So Adams now supports the deal?

Pull the other one...

watch the news

If this is the best deal the PM and her team could get to secure a deal with a small political party, I fear for what they will end up with against the EU juggernaut!!!.... One things clear, she is no Arthur Daily!!!

Edited by surveyour
Correction

As does mine when I hear the DUP apologists for 'loyalist' terrorists attempt to claim that it's all the fault of 'themmuns'.

The DUP are in bed with the UDA and UVF, both 'loyalist' terrorist groups and still active.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjB6K6Rr9zUAhVCWhQKHSu3BOsQFghFMAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Fuk-news%2F2017%2Fmay%2F29%2Fman-shot-in-front-of-son-in-northern-ireland-victim-of-uda-internal-feud-colin-horner&usg=AFQjCNErALRzXuQKBjRdakhXoUdMhHV8wg

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjGufnokNzUAhWMPhQKHX4mAp0QFghGMAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.belfasttelegraph.co.uk%2Fsunday-life%2Fgovernment-gave-udalinked-groups-5-million-of-taxpayers-money-35121805.html&usg=AFQjCNHwcWm5Xzv0p-vwrGM67R770cOFvw

During the Troubles 87.2% of all murders carried out by 'loyalists' were of innocent civilians.

I'm no fan of Adams ( although Martin McGuinness turned out a good man ) but the so called 'loyalist' groups were responsible for starting the Troubles in 1969, and it was not til December 1969 that the PIRA formed to oppose them.

As much as I dislike Adams he is correct in his assertion that this deal is in contravention of the 1998 Good Friday Agreement.

That was an agreement between two sovereign states lodged as a treaty with the UN.

It clearly states that both governments are to remain impartial and allow the Stormont Assembly to decide the future of Northern Ireland.

How can the Conservative government be impartial when they are in a pact to prop up their majority with the DUP?

Get real. Do you really think a Tory Prime Minister is going give up power, because Gerry Adams/Sinn Fein/IRA, who were responsible for the Brighton bombing, as well as being guilty of murdering other Tory MPs are not happy with them having an agreement with the DUP, who wern't responsible for the Brighton bombing or murdering any Tory MPs? If Sinn Fein/IRA are going to return to violence because the DUP have negotiated more money for Northern Ireland, as well as keeping winter fuel payments for all pensioners, then the Good Friday Agreement should never have been signed in the first place.

Thank you for the Google history lesson.

Get real. Do you really think a Tory Prime Minister is going give up power, because Gerry Adams/Sinn Fein/IRA, who were responsible for the Brighton bombing, as well as being guilty of murdering other Tory MPs are not happy with them having an agreement with the DUP, who wern't responsible for the Brighton bombing or murdering any Tory MPs? If Sinn Fein/IRA are going to return to violence because the DUP have negotiated more money for Northern Ireland, as well as keeping winter fuel payments for all pensioners, then the Good Friday Agreement should never have been signed in the first place.

Thank you for the Google history lesson.

Nah she'd rather use taxpayer's money from the mythical money tree to pay for votes from DUP/ Ulster Resistance/Ulster Volunteer Force/Red Hand Commando/Ulster Defence Association so she can cling onto power.

If this is the best deal the PM and her team could get to secure a deal with a small political party, I fear for what they will end up with against the EU juggernaut!!!.... One things clear, she is no Arthur Daily!!!

You're right , Farage is Arthur Daly!

Joking aside, this is worrying.

The current lot in charge come across as totally incompetent.

They offer a referendum for purely selfish reasons, they then run a totally disastrous Remain campaign, then they decide to have an election ( after stating categorically they weren't going to call one ) then they manage to lose a 20 point lead to a bloke who looks like a 1970s geography teacher and can't manage to get his own party 100% behind him!

Then they decide to do a deal with a less than reputable sectarian party whilst apparently in panic mode.

This does not bode well for future negotiations.

If there was ever a time ( apart from a war ) when we needed a strong resolute, organized and united government in charge of the situation then this is it.

Have we got one?

Have we hell as like.

Our only hope is that the EU respond in a business like and pragmatic manner to the situation.

Providing we don't allow our Establishments usual inbred unpleasant arrogance into the equation, and manage to treat our European counterparts with a measure of politeness, then we may very well come out reasonably okay.

I don't believe there is any particular wish to 'punish' us, but there is an obvious and understandable requirement to protect the EU project, and ensure that the difference between membership and non membership is clear.

Leaving was our decision, so I can't see as to why that would be a problem.

Nah she'd rather use taxpayer's money from the mythical money tree to pay for votes from DUP/ Ulster Resistance/Ulster Volunteer Force/Red Hand Commando/Ulster Defence Association so she can cling onto power.

so Gerry Adams says its a good deal for Ireland , do you agree with him ?