Uber Vs normal Taxi co,s experience which is better/cheaper?

3 different black cabs (with lights on) refused to take my wife and I from Division Street to Stannington on Saturday night (around 1am).

It's impossible to feel any sympathy for the likes of Uber eating into their business when they act like that.

I'm finding more often now that Uber drivers will deliberately take a longer route, you don't notice so much when you're drunk, but when you look at the map the next day you do.

For example, picking up outside the head of steam to head to Wadsley, the obvious way would be a towards shalesmoor through the bus/taxi only section IMO. Then along shalesmoor and straight up Penistone Road.

We actually went the other way along Arundel Gate and then up Hanover Way, it's over a mile further according to google maps...

I'm finding more often now that Uber drivers will deliberately take a longer route, you don't notice so much when you're drunk, but when you look at the map the next day you do.

For example, picking up outside the head of steam to head to Wadsley, the obvious way would be a towards shalesmoor through the bus/taxi only section IMO. Then along shalesmoor and straight up Penistone Road.

We actually went the other way along Arundel Gate and then up Hanover Way, it's over a mile further according to google maps...

dispute it then? i have in the past and been refunded no questions asked.