Why don't Europeans use clothes pegs?

Wegen der Verwendung von Waeschetrocknern?

Edited by TimmyR

Sorry you've lost me, is there a joke of some kind in there that's gone over my head?

I've tried it in a translator but nothing useful is reported.

I lived in Germany for 9 years. I used clothes pegs all the time.

I've tried it in a translator but nothing useful is reported.

On the unlikely event that this isn't a wind up, which it has to be;

Arsene Wenger is a Frenchman who was born in Strasbourg and has been the manager of Arsenal Football Club since 1996 making him currently the longest serving manager in the Premier League.

Looking at the post where I mentioned him I would have thought it self evident that I was referring to a person and someone involved in football.

However, on the off chance that you are one of those rare people living in a bubble which doesn't include sport, I hope that's helpful.

As I once got into a conversation with an Argentinian musician in Spain who knew nothing about football I suppose anythings possible! :)

I lived in Germany for 9 years. I used clothes pegs all the time.

:huh:

Hmmm...

... was the smell that bad? :confused:

This is just a silly trivial question. I've recently spent a few weeks in Germany and the house we stayed in had all the usual laundry facilities and a rack to hang the clothes on outside, but no washing line and no sign of any pegs.

Visiting several supermarkets, it was possible to buy some washing line, but I never found any pegs for sale.

Then I noticed, when back home again that a neighbour, from another European country does the same thing. She puts all her family's drying clothing on a clothes rack outside with no pegs. It often blows off on to the floor!

I have a similar rack but I only use it for hanging small items on, inside the house upstairs as it would be too much hassle to peg them out. I'd never imagined that anyone would use such a dryer outside.

So does anyone know or can suggest why there should be a difference ?

:thumbsup:

Maybe it was only England who had travelling people, who hand carved clothes pegs and sold them door to door, several years ago. Maybe the tradition stuck. :D

You bought the pegs and some Shamrock unless you wanted a Hex put on you.

You bought the pegs and some Shamrock unless you wanted a Hex put on you.

Lucky white heather.

I have a friend who emigrated to Cyprus. Last time he was over here he was on the hunt for some wooden clothes pegs. Apparently you can only get plastics ones in Cyprus, and they fade and turn brittle in the bright sunshine.

Sorry you've lost me, is there a joke of some kind in there that's gone over my head?

People who ask questions like this are usually trying to pretend to be supremely intelligent, I remember a thread on the (alleged) merits of Katy Perry and posters were asking the fake question who she was, laughable.

I have a friend who emigrated to Cyprus. Last time he was over here he was on the hunt for some wooden clothes pegs. Apparently you can only get plastics ones in Cyprus, and they fade and turn brittle in the bright sunshine.

Same over in Blighty! I bought plastic clothes pegs which embrittled after only what seemed minutes (could've been a month or so in reality) in nothing more than hazy sunshine (as well as fading, which, in the grand scheme of things, is of little consequence). Springs and faded plastic shrapnel all over the weeds, which of course, slugs can unfortunately choke on.

A cunning way to get around this I find, is to coat the pegs liberally with sticky, black molybdenum disulfide grease which, to my way of thinking, acts as a sort of sun block.

---------- Post added 28-06-2017 at 13:02 ----------

People who ask questions like this are usually trying to pretend to be supremely intelligent, I remember a thread on the (alleged) merits of Katy Perry and posters were asking the fake question who she was, laughable.

'Supremely intelligent' people realise from the opening post that this is just a trivial question. :rolleyes:

Same over in Blighty! I bought plastic clothes pegs which embrittled after only what seemed minutes (could've been a month or so in reality) in nothing more than hazy sunshine (as well as fading, which, in the grand scheme of things, is of little consequence). Springs and faded plastic shrapnel all over the weeds, which of course, slugs can unfortunately choke on.

A cunning way to get around this I find, is to coat the pegs liberally with sticky, black molybdenum disulfide grease which, to my way of thinking, acts as a sort of sun block.

---------- Post added 28-06-2017 at 13:02 ----------

'Supremely intelligent' people realise from the opening post that this is just a trivial question. :rolleyes:

I was talking about the person who asked who Arsene Wenger was not the the OP.