Other peoples book shelves.

:thumbsup: My two nippers, both under 10, absolutely love reading and it makes me very happy. Sometimes I feel like shouting ironically "Oi you two, put those books down! These video games won't play themselves you know!"

:hihi: I have very fond memories of being under 10 and reading Enid Blyton Famous Five books. I still have them actually and might read one tonight! I don't have children, but if I did I would also be very happy to see them reading. :)

"Gays & Guns"? "The Bareback Redneck"? ;)

I know it makes the mind boggle :help:

Mine got the finer points of art ( naked men and all that) and gun ownership on my bookshelf.

You don't got grammar like you got books man.

:thumbsup: My two nippers, both under 10, absolutely love reading and it makes me very happy. Sometimes I feel like shouting ironically "Oi you two, put those books down! These video games won't play themselves you know!"
I despair at the disdain which mine (13, truly a voracious reader, currently engrossed in Ernest Cline's Ready Player One and Danielle Paige's Dorothy Must Die) shows to my own bookshelves.

With art books (mostly, but not only, videogame/retro), full series of franco-belgian comics (XIII, Largo Winch, classics such as Tintin, Astérix, Léonard, Gaston Lagaffe, 421 and more obscures unknown over here, and including Katsuhiro Otomo's entire Akira set, translated and colourised in hard back), technothrillers (Clancy, Harry, <...>), sci-fi series & anthologies, French and British classics, autobiographies and historicals (e.g. Beevor's Berlin & Stalingrad, Weir's Henry VIII, <...>) there's bound to be something of interest to a teenager :huh:

But no, she prefers filling her own bookshelves, and her kindle.

And topically with your post, Bob, I can't remember the last time she showed any interest in the arcade cabs beside the bookshelves, either! :lol:

Edited by L00b

My bookshelves are at the library or at other people's houses. I don't really feel the need to put books on display once I've read them and certainly won't read them again which leaves more space for accumulating junk instead.

"Gays & Guns"? "The Bareback Redneck"? ;)

Ooh er! I'd like to meet him!