Spital Hill CLOSED 21/06/2017 18:00

I've read it. I can't see what an incident down south has to do with this, it would be more apt to mention something local that police waste their time on. The article is interesting, however, on just how many activities entail surveillance these days, so I agree on that.

In the article, there is no mention of the seemingly Right wing, derogatory term 'Peaceniks' ,which you added, so the way you linked the two sounded like disapproval of both.

I've read it. I can't see what an incident down south has to do with this, it would be more apt to mention something local that police waste their time on. The article is interesting, however, on just how many activities entail surveillance these days, so I agree on that.

In the article, there is no mention of the seemingly Right wing, derogatory term 'Peaceniks' ,which you added, so the way you linked the two sounded like disapproval of both.

Nowt wrong with being a peacenik in my book

Quite, but I bet the term wasn't coined originally by the peace protesters themselves, probably the D Mail ? We need some on Spital Hill by the sound of things.

Let's get back to once peaceful Spital Hill. Three dead, is that confirmed ? Anything on national news, or are they keeping local incidents local to keep us from knowing the full picture nationwide ? ( as they censored disturbing incidents to keep up morale in the war, e.g. the V2's for a period. )

yes the 3 dead is confirmed. It happened in 1960

East House eh. Christmas Eve 1960 to be precise, and did you know the bullet hole in the pub window was there for ages afterwards ?

Back on topic please.

Thank you.

East House eh. Christmas Eve 1960 to be precise, and did you know the bullet hole in the pub window was there for ages afterwards ?

yes , but you asked about 3 dead and the only post ive read is about East house , nothing to do with yesterday

Sorry, my error Hackey.

no problem

Spital Hill has been a problem area for 50 years..

A young man was shot dead by an immigrant in the East House pub on new years day 1960.

And an isolated incident proves a pattern...

Can you identify a postcode close to the city where someone wasn't murdered in the last 50 years? I seriously doubt it.

This incident will not grow into a sheffield drugdealdrama. Spital hill rarely mentioned on forum, a little thing happened and everybody start screaming drugwars.

Another perfect example how a little thing is completely blown out of proportion and dramatised. If you are bored move to London where the real stuff happens. This thing in Sheffield not even mentioned on national news and this forum goes off as if this is some American ghetto.

It's not a little thing. Twice this week there has been trouble in Spital Hill of people fighing with machetes and knives. I worked in the area about 2 yrs ago and it happened then. The whole building had to be put on lockdown until the police arrived and you could see people throwing weapons like knifes and machetes in bushes. A lot of the time when things occur in Sheffield it is never reported. We have seen roads blocked off around London Rd and Abbeydale Road and had to find a different route to work. Then nothing appears in the papers or on the local news. Are incidents being hushed up?

And an isolated incident proves a pattern...

Can you identify a postcode close to the city where someone wasn't murdered in the last 50 years? I seriously doubt it.

There is a pattern to happenings on Spital Hill over many years.

Just as there is a pattern to you asking for verification in every thing posted by virtually every one who has an opinion on any thing on these threads.