Spital Hill CLOSED 21/06/2017 18:00

My comparison was to demonstrate how things have changed detrimentally over those years. There was, as always, a political fork in the road back then, and choosing the MASS immigration, muilti-culture one has proved to be the wrong path, with many settled immigrants themselves now having concerns about numbers and infrastructure. Can you not see the day when you yourselves will have to say "enough"; I doubt you can, until it affects you personally, as it will.

What a surprise, it's all the fault of immigration. You look back at the 1950s, compare it to now, and the only thing you can think of that's different is immigration. Can you give us an explanation of how mass immigration created the drug trade? How did immigration lead to heroin being made illegal in the 1960s which provided the basis of the drug trade for years to come? How did immigration lead to a change in gang activity from the non-drug related crime to drug-related crime? Why is there a massive drug gang feud in Limerick between the Keane-Collopy gang and the McCarthy-Dundon gang in the absence of mass migration into Limerick? Answers please.

My comment on class was based on my observation you appeared to speak of multi cultural immigrants in a certain way. Correct me if I'm wrong, everyone can make mistakes.

You appeared to be very concerned with infrastructure numbers and statistics, comparisons. People are human beings not to be degraded to a number or statistical structure, no matter where they live. The class system has a strong need to have lower deprived people around for them to feel higher.

If your intentions are authentically different I do apologise.

Feeling angry and upset about how spital hill has become a lesser nice place over the years is understandable. It is nobody fault this anger is there, it wont help to be angry back. Like you said earlier you feel like as if you owned the place and this can create a lot of emotions. Nobody will be helped and pain will only grow if this anger is allowed to be acknowledged as something valuable or good.

You are not wrong, spital hill has degraded. But the emotions this has created in someone here who has gotten very upset about it have reached extreme proportions.

Arguing with others and others arguing back wont help now, it may be hard and difficult but accepting things the way they are will be more helpful for everyone than getting upset over it.

Point one. So, according to that, people who speak about multi-culture "in a certain way" can be put into a particular social class, can they ?

'Nobody will be helped and pain will only grow' etc.. Yes, but not due to anyone's anger, but due to accepting things as they are. Referring to human beings is being emotional btw. Who said they weren't ?

We 'don't have to argue' and 'not get upset' and 'accept things the way they are'. That thinking is why we're in this situation.

Point two. Do you think then that our infrastructure and services can cope with the ever increasing hundreds of thousands arriving unchecked, without buckling at some point not too far off ? Are you aware, among other crises, of the GP and hospital waiting times, which must cause some urgent health problems to develop beyond surgery when an early appointment cannot be got ? ( Don't come back with foreigners in the NHS, my annoyance is MASS immigration )

Point 3. 'It is nobody's fault this anger is there' you say? I'd say it's the fault of the politicians, the lot of them. There were other politicians years ago who correctly warned what was coming, if you recall.

Point 4. Where exactly did I say that I feel like I owned the place ?!

You'll be pleased to hear that I'm seriously thinking of packing SF in, I've been appointed Folk Father in a community of like minded Right Wing nutters. What's that I see you're about to write ? Let me guess !

---------- Post added 27-06-2017 at 21:21 ----------

What a surprise, it's all the fault of immigration. You look back at the 1950s, compare it to now, and the only thing you can think of that's different is immigration. Can you give us an explanation of how mass immigration created the drug trade? How did immigration lead to heroin being made illegal in the 1960s which provided the basis of the drug trade for years to come? How did immigration lead to a change in gang activity from the non-drug related crime to drug-related crime? Why is there a massive drug gang feud in Limerick between the Keane-Collopy gang and the McCarthy-Dundon gang in the absence of mass migration into Limerick? Answers please.

You've got drugs on the brain ( not literally, I hope ?). Can you give me an explanation of how an existing problem is not multiplied by adding to it ?

You've got drugs on the brain ( not literally, I hope ?). Can you give me an explanation of how an existing problem is not multiplied by adding to it ?

The point is whether now we have a drug problem and a drug trade (which pre-exists mass immigration), would it be significantly reduced if there was no immigration. At least I think that is the point to people who are obsessed by immigration and blame everything on it. I think the answer is probably no. The amounts of money to be made from the drug trade are so huge that if people from other countries weren't into it, their place would be filled by white British people (is filled by white people in places where there is no mass immigration, like Ireland. Who do you think violently controls the drug trade in Northern Ireland? Yardies?)

The reason I keep mentioning drugs is that Burngreave has for years been a centre of the drug trade in Sheffield, which is where a lot of our problems come from (but not all).

Edited by Bob Arctor

I think most aware people know who's into drugs and who are filling the prisons for this offence; can you just check that out for us ?

Anyhow, I've had enough. Please don't take that as I'm giving in, I don't. Please let this drop now,it's gone on long enough. You'll soon have it all to yourselves as I'm finished this week. Good night to all.

My other half has just moved away (thankfully) from Spital Hill. Anybody who thinks that the Council's approach to immigration isn't a reason for the issues in the area is in denial. Too many cultures thrown together and expected to mix, is not fair on anybody in the equation.

Stop excusing it and address the problems, for everybody's sake. Including the migrants'.

The point is whether now we have a drug problem and a drug trade (which pre-exists mass immigration), would it be significantly reduced if there was no immigration. At least I think that is the point to people who are obsessed by immigration and blame everything on it. I think the answer is probably no. The amounts of money to be made from the drug trade are so huge that if people from other countries weren't into it, their place would be filled by white British people (is filled by white people in places where there is no mass immigration, like Ireland. Who do you think violently controls the drug trade in Northern Ireland? Yardies?)

The reason I keep mentioning drugs is that Burngreave has for years been a centre of the drug trade in Sheffield, which is where a lot of our problems come from (but not all).

Drug culture did not pre exist mass immigration , I do not know or did not hear of any one taking drugs in the 50's and early 60's.

The first drugs we heard about was the West Indians smoking wacky backie and this was followed by the Beatles era when Granma's purple heart tablets were pinched and taken at the Lacarno , by some daft dogs that is;)

I would like to know how many arrests where made.

Guest makapaka
Drug culture did not pre exist mass immigration , I do not know or did not hear of any one taking drugs in the 50's and early 60's.

The first drugs we heard about was the West Indians smoking wacky backie and this was followed by the Beatles era when Granma's purple heart tablets were pinched and taken at the Lacarno , by some daft dogs that is;)

Just because you didn't hear of it didn't mean it didn't happen though.

What is a drug? Is paracetamol a drug? what about caffeine? tobacco? alcohol? sugar?

No act of parliament can ever change the chemistry of the human brain. You either work with medical science or you work against it and suffer the consequences. It would appear that we've settled for the latter.

Just because you didn't hear of it didn't mean it didn't happen though.

Well us lot used all the Town centre rough pubs as well as Waingate through the Wicker and as far as the East house on Spital Hill and I can say without doubt that we never saw any drug takers until the first immigrants moved into Pitsmoor.

samsong, I think were talking 1960s here. don't forget pubs shut at 10 o clock. no night clubs, festivals, etc. put the clock back to them days and we"d all be better of. yes I know I'm an old git.

Well us lot used all the Town centre rough pubs as well as Waingate through the Wicker and as far as the East house on Spital Hill and I can say without doubt that we never saw any drug takers until the first immigrants moved into Pitsmoor.

Heroin or should I say morphine was legal in this country well before the West Indians came over with their wacky baccy habits and I'm sure the wacky baccy was here before the immigrants.

You never saw no drug takers because it was only the rich who could afford to dabble and you must gave hung about with broke ass peasants! :hihi:

Edited by mafya