Sign in to follow this  

Sharrow Lane, What is it like?

Hey, I'm moving to Sharrow Lane in a few months and i was just wondering what it is like there? Thankyou x

I have friends that live on Sharrow Lane (London Road end) and they say that it is a great place to live. Close to town and ok area.

They have been broken into once but other than that they have had no problems.

The road is quite long and as far as I can tell the London Road end is much more busy and it gets quieter as you go up towards Sharrow Vale Road.

Ah cool, thanks for the reply. I will be living near to London Road.

Has anyone else got any info about living here? Much appreciated x

I used to live on one of the side streets just off the London Road area of Sharrow Lane.

Obviously it's not the most picturesque place to be, but you've probably figured that out already.

Location-wise it's great for town, and London Road. I'd recommend the Cremorne pub as a great starting point if you're new to the area. And London road is busy enough to make you feel safer walking home alone at night, although as I'm sure we all know there's no such thing as safe, wherever you are really.

There are a few 'youths' hanging round, and I think a bit of petty crime, but personally I never had any problems.

It's also worth baring in mind its proximity to Bramall Lane, the Blades ground, which means that the pubs can get a bit rough on match days, and you may struggle for a parking space.

It's a very ethnically-diverse area, so as long as you're not one of these backwards-minded sorts who don't like people of different races, you'll find a great mix of shops and restaurants. Froggies and Bahn Thai on London Road are both particularly good.

Oh, and you can always flag a taxi down on London Road too!

Hope you settle in and enjoy yourself. :thumbsup:

Thankyou! I live at the forge at the moment, but I don't really know what sharrow is like because I don't tend to go down there. Do you think it would be safe to park the car outside the house or not bother bringing it?

Obviously in an area of terraced housing you may have trouble parking your car near the house.

Being so close to town it may be worth considering whether having a car is really needed.

The car is for travelling home. I will probably just stick with the train then.

I used to park my car outside my house - no problems. You really need to check out the stretch of road, and whether there are any side roads, before you make a decision.

Ok will do, thanks x