Earl Francis pub manor oaks road

Guest makapaka

Does anyone have any recollection of this pub - what was it like through the years and what was it like inside?

My Brother in law and is wife kept the Earl Francis Ken and Mary Sheldon, would be about 30 yrs ago.

My Brother in law and is wife kept the Earl Francis Ken and Mary Sheldon, would be about 30 yrs ago.

Was Ken Sheldon a Grimesthorpe lad ?

I think he was, because his brother Sam lived next door to me and he was from Grimesthorpe. I think Ken also ran the pub on Derbyshire lane after that and one on the Kelvin before that. If it is the same man.

I think he was, because his brother Sam lived next door to me and he was from Grimesthorpe. I think Ken also ran the pub on Derbyshire lane after that and one on the Kelvin before that. If it is the same man.

The reason I asked, 'Mr.K' is that in the Ellesmere Youth Club. (Buckenham Street ) Some of us met a lad in 1961 who said he was from the Botham Street area, when asked his name. he said it was 'Sam' (which it wasn't) and I think he would have been around fifteen at the time, He was a thick set lad as a youth and tho' quiet and polite, nobody messed with him.

Maybe he originated from that area when I married is sister they lived on P/X he had a brother called Sam, and he did keep the pub on Derbyshire Lane think it was Cross Sythes.

Did they have it for a number of years? Im working on a book on Sheffield pubs and I have them there from 1967 onwards

Maybe he originated from that area when I married is sister they lived on P/X he had a brother called Sam, and he did keep the pub on Derbyshire Lane think it was Cross Sythes.

a Kenny Sheldon lived in the next yard to me in Grimesthorpe, he had two sisters, one was Maureen, the older one wont come to mind at moment,

a Kenny Sheldon lived in the next yard to me in Grimesthorpe, he had two sisters, one was Maureen, the older one wont come to mind at moment,

Hi they lived on Bland St Kenny,Maureen,Carol. Dad Sam, Elsie.Wife.

Hi they lived on Bland St Kenny,Maureen,Carol. Dad Sam, Elsie.Wife.

Carol, that's it memory keeps going blank, lol, yes they lived next door to my Grandma, Ada Hudson , I lived 6 doors down, Kenny used to live round corner from me , Richmond, but I know he moved, he also married one of the Morgans who lived next door to my wife, Josie

Hi Fishcake, Ken Sheldon the elder kept the Earl Francis on Manor Oaks Rd 30 yrs ago,the Ken you no was is nephew is father was Sam and Elsie who lived on Bland St,they were my brother in laws.