The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Yeah, they're always banging on about how unemployment is the lowest it's been since the mid-1970s. Well whoop de doo, it's only taken 40 years of neoliberal policies to get unemployment back to what it was before we had any neoliberal policies.

And, as you point out, the quality of employment has gone down in terms of full time vs. part time, as well as terms & conditions, pensions, job security.

What a load of rubbish. I worked for fifty years and when I started at 15 there was no such thing as redundancy pay, tribunals and very little health and safety, my first bosses attitude was if you don't like it go away, but he didn't put it as politely as that.

I also didn't have a job that paid sick pay until I worked for a while in the public sector, a job I left when the chance of voluntary redundancy came up and I was fed up of listening to moaning of how hard done to some of my workmates were, mostly I might add from people who'd never worked anywhere else. No doubt if the internet had been available then they would have spent all day on SF doing their moaning there.

Our kids and grandkids now work in a much better environment than then, and good luck to them.

Just as a note of interest on that last bit.

Keepmoat have a contract from SCC to refurbish kitchens and bathrooms in council properties, the sinks are UK made but from poor quality Spanish stainless steel. Would have though SCC could have done better on that one.

So tell me which British steelmaker we could buy stainless steel from instead?

So tell me which British steelmaker we could buy stainless steel from instead?

I don't know, and as you want to know perhaps you could do some checking and report back. ;)

Edited by apelike

I don't know, and as you want to know perhaps you could do some checking and report back. ;)

none, thats how many, and the small amount we still make is foreign owned

change the record :roll:

thats all you can say no matter what anybody says, just keep repeating that tired old mantra

Not with you. I voted to remain. I think it is other remain voters who need to change the record and stop repeating the same old mantra.

You are part of the decision making process in the EU,or were.

The EU decision making process is deliberately remote and complex so as to exclude the majority of ordinary citizens in the member countries. The unelected elite who run the EU prefer it this way.

you don't like the rules,leave the club.

17,410,742 people voted to leave this squalid capitalist club recently.

Did you not hear?

The question is this: Will we be allowed to leave?

I think not.

Allowing ordinary people to get what they democratically vote for is not how the EU does things.

Funny how they accidentally voted to join an even more capitalist club but are too thick to realise that is what they went for.

'Sheffield Wednesday will never be champions! I know, I am going to support Stockbridge Park Steels!' but then in reverse.

The EU decision making process is deliberately remote and complex so as to exclude the majority of ordinary citizens in the member countries. The unelected elite who run the EU prefer it this way.

Did you not hear?

The question is this: Will we be allowed to leave?

I think not.

Allowing ordinary people to get what they democratically vote for is not how the EU does things.

Walk away,right now,nothing stopping you except your gutless arguing government,nothing to do with the EU,you voted out,now go,stop trying to get back in by the back door,show some guts and away with you to the land of unicorns that your leaders promised.............what is stopping you?

Funny how they accidentally voted to join an even more capitalist club but are too thick to realise that is what they went for.

Over 17 million people are "thick"?

Incredible.

Simply because they voted in a different way to you?

This arrogant and elitist attitude is perhaps one reason why so many ordinary decent people voted against the Brussels capitalist club.

Better off out.

'Sheffield Wednesday will never be champions! I know, I am going to support Stockbridge Park Steels!' but then in reverse.

You think someone is making a coherent argument then **** it up by calling everyone that didn't vote the same way as them 'thick'.

Way to go.

none, thats how many, and the small amount we still make is foreign owned

If we still make some then it cant be none can it! The fact that companies may be foreign owned also does not make it none as its still British made.

If we still make some then it cant be none can it! The fact that companies may be foreign owned also does not make it none as its still British made.

Still have trouble reading.

If you look back at my original question, I asked which BRITISH steelmaker can make stainless steel.

I knew the answer is none, which was why I asked ;)

Edited by ez8004