The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

It brings joy to my heart to read that a remainer has 'suffered' financially thanks to the referendum vote which went against the clear wishes of Goldman Sachs.

That is so petty it is beyond ridiculous.

That is so petty it is beyond ridiculous.

I agree. It shouldn't be about what sides people voted. We should all wish for the best and shouldn't delight in others suffering economical woes.

I agree. It shouldn't be about what sides people voted. We should all wish for the best and shouldn't delight in others suffering economical woes.

This thread is used as a battleground for those who are entrenched in their respective ideologies.

It would be nice if it was used for understanding but I don't think there's much appetite for it. Everyone is too busy slingshotting facts & figures to the other side in the hope of "winning" the battle.

It brings joy to my heart to read that a remainer has 'suffered' financially thanks to the referendum vote which went against the clear wishes of Goldman Sachs.

As the vast majority of those who voted to remain in the undemocratic EU were affluent middle-class liberals I'm sure that some financial 'suffering' will help them to understand, just a little perhaps, of how the working class and the underclass have been suffering under the rule of the EU overlords for many, many years.

Massively increased competition for unskilled/low-skilled employment. Massively increased competition for housing, healthcare, education etc. Competition is good for the lower economic sections of society!

No surprise though that some remainers still don't want to accept the democratic outcome of the vote and will "do anything" to implement the will of Goldman Sachs.

Complete and utter tripe

When it hits the fan it won't be the Middle class, the upper class, the ruling elite, the rich. It will be the unemployed, the working class, the young, the old, those with disabillities that will suffer

As the vast majority of those who voted to remain in the undemocratic EU were affluent middle-class liberals I'm sure that some financial 'suffering' will help them to understand, just a little perhaps, of how the working class and the underclass have been suffering under the rule of the EU overlords for many, many years.

Massively increased competition for unskilled/low-skilled employment. Massively increased competition for housing, healthcare, education etc. Competition is good for the lower economic sections of society!

No surprise though that some remainers still don't want to accept the democratic outcome of the vote and will "do anything" to implement the will of Goldman Sachs.

Damaging middle class families economically to try and get them to understand is a pretty stupid idea. The stupidest yet.

Go on... pull the other one.....

OK, now tell me how I have been financially hit?

1st comment says it all:-

"Still lower than any time in the last decade pre-June 2016. Hardly soaring. Is this the kind of positive reporting Brexiteers want. Exaggeration and delusion."

I didn't state it was soaring as that is just exaggeration and something you put.

I didn't state it was soaring as that is just exaggeration and something you put.

Official figures show wages fell in real terms by 0.4% in the year to April 2017.

The Office for National Statistics (ONS) said this was the first fall in three years.

It says that although wages rose by 2.2% in the year, inflation rose by more, eroding any gains. The median - middle - amount earned was £550 a week.

The fall in sterling cost me big time on stuff I import in. The drop was huge.

Many are doing quite well out of it. The fall in the pound means their stocks and shares are worth more - which counteracts more expensive imports. Few of the working class have benefited from that.

Meanwhile, back in glorious world of brexit that's going to be so good for the working class: Toyota seeks clarity over Brexit ‘fog’ amid fears over Derbyshire plant.

It's not looking good for the car industry. Partly that's because it's been experiencing a bubble, fueled by a lot of unsustainable credit, and the market is now shrinking. But it's also spooked by Brexit. And I notice the UK construction industry is now officially in recession. Osborne's 'recovery' is starting to showing its true face.

Edited by Bob Arctor

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/uknews/3898165/shoppers-forced-to-spend-extra-133-a-year-on-their-groceries-as-prices-rise-after-brexit/

It was the title of the article to which you linked.

Edited by Magilla

This thread is used as a battleground for those who are entrenched in their respective ideologies.

It would be nice if it was used for understanding but I don't think there's much appetite for it. Everyone is too busy slingshotting facts & figures to the other side in the hope of "winning" the battle.

Very true. I stopped posting after the first Brexit post in the very first pages. I stated my view for voting the way I did, nothing has changed and I don't see the point in trying to change anyone's point of view.

I do like to pop in now and again and see the same old names batting the same facts and figures backwards and forwards gleaned from any source they can in order to counter someone else's point of view.

As you say, they are to entrenched to change and move on.

Rightly or wrongly it's happened let's pull together and get on with it.

The fall in sterling cost me big time on stuff I import in. The drop was huge.

And others are being affected too, UK spending is lower, so tax receipts will be lower, that will affect us all.

Probably why the Tories are struggling to decrease the countries debt, so austerity carries on, for years to come.