The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

We are now one of the worst performing economies in the G7. On the eve of the referendum we were the best performing economy.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/brexit-latest-news-uk-economy-g7-bottom-mark-carney-bank-of-england-a8058036.html

It is only going to get worse. The situation cannot concievably improve for years given the level of business uncertainty, unless a soft Brexit and lengthy transitional period is locked in now. That is what my company’s clients want, and some of them want A50 to be withdrawn.

Thought you'd have been too busy packing to worry about the UK.

Thought you'd have been too busy packing to worry about the UK.

The whole point all along is that I’ve been worried about the UK. I’ll be fine but a lot of people who didn’t understand what they were voting for won’t be.

Fundamentally I don’t want Tory and UKIP right wing nut jobs to destroy our country. Nothing wrong with that

The whole point all along is that I’ve been worried about the UK. I’ll be fine but a lot of people who didn’t understand what they were voting for won’t be.

Fundamentally I don’t want Tory and UKIP right wing nut jobs to destroy our country. Nothing wrong with that

I'm sure the remoaners will be okay once they get over the shock of what they did.:hihi:

I'm sure the remoaners will be okay once they get over the shock of what they did.:hihi:

That’s the thing. We didn’t win. It’s now up to Brexiters to make this an inclusive success.

Fail and you wreck the country. Good luck ;)

---------- Post added 17-11-2017 at 09:01 ----------

Traffic chaos predicted on M20 to Dover

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201719/cmselect/cmhaff/540/540.pdf

The government has not even started construction of the vast lorry park near Dover that will be required for customs checks. The current facility has capacity for only 82 lorries. Dover port cannot be expanded because it is hemmed in by cliffs.

They are considering using the central reservation of the M20 to park the trucks.

Edited by I1L2T3

That’s the thing. We didn’t win. It’s now up to Brexiters to make this an inclusive success.

Fail and you wreck the country. Good luck ;)

---------- Post added 17-11-2017 at 09:01 ----------

Traffic chaos predicted on M20 to Dover

The government has not even started construction of the vast lorry park near Dover that will be required for customs checks. The current facility has capacity for only 82 lorries. Dover port cannot be expanded because it is hemmed in by cliffs.

They are considering using the central reservation of the M20 to park the trucks.

You'd best get packing quicker to avoid it.

They simply cannot, because the yardstick is "the UK pre-Brexit, as an EU member state", and no amount of 'success' (even, say, "soft" Brexit) is going to keep things as they are (never mind better) for a number of years (how many? now that is crystal ball territory, due to the absence of government-defined socio-economic models and wished-for outcomes for Brexit).

There is tremendous hardship coming for the first few years post-Brexit (whether 2019 or post-transition if there is one) at least, none more so than in case of no deal Brexit, and lower earners will bear the brunt of it. Whether they voted Leave or not, irrespective.

For objective and logical reasons already long explained on here and everywhere else.

retep's attempt at blaming remoaners above reminds of this:

Leave could end up looking like prize chumps. Possibly hated by the electorate. Huge gamble.
That's my pronostic, if the vote is Brexit.

Many Brexiters appear clearly deluded about the weight and influence of the UK in global economics outside of the EU and its current symbiotic relationship with it.

They'll find out soon enough. Which is exactly why Cameron and Osbourne will pull an insta-Teflon act by walking off soonest after a Brexit vote, so none of that aftermath sticks to them. Osbourne today just prepared the ground, so did Cameron by defending him. Quick and painless way out, "regrettably I don't have the confidence of the Commons anymore so I quit" all set and ready, in case Brexit.

Blair pulled it off with Brown, so did Ahern with Cowen, it's the oldest pass-the-political-bomb game in the world.

I've zero doubt the Leavers will eventually brand Cameron & Osbourne all sorts of "coward"-like epithets for it, and blame them instead of the Leave figureheads and themselves.

link (can't quote with embedded link, thread is closed).

That was 15 June 2016.

Did Cameron pull an insta-walk? Yep. On the morning of the referendum results.

Have Leavers blamed Cameron, Osbourne and so many others, all sorts of "coward"-like epithets? Yep. We've even had Judges, and now MPs this week. The EU and remain voters were always a given, of course :roll:

I cannot be ar5ed going through all my Brexit-related posts since before June 2016 to check the extent to which predictions have since been vindicated. But I know it's a lot of them. Because the consequences unfolding currently, were all-so-predictable, using simple logic and shedding ideological bias.

Read my digital lips: you are all getting <removed>. Leavers and Remainers alike.

Heal the divide and do something about it jointly. Quickly now.

Or suffer the consequences, divided.

Edited by nikki-red
masked swearing

[/color]Traffic chaos predicted on M20 to Dover

/dogwhistle

That is superb news for both Humber South Bank and Lowestoft where there is plenty of capacity and infrastructure already in place. The local economies will benefit hugely from the shift of freight business away from the overloaded south east.

I'm a bit surprised that you want to put further investment into the South East instead of taking an easy opportunity to rebalance the UK economy.

They simply cannot, because the yardstick is "the UK pre-Brexit, as an EU member state", and no amount of 'success' (even, say, "soft" Brexit) is going to keep things as they are (never mind better) for a number of years at least.

For objective and logical reasons already long explained on here and everywhere else.

retep's attempt at blaming remoaners above reminds of this:

link (can't quote with embedded link, thread is closed).

That was 15 June 2016.

Did Cameron pull an insta-walk? Yep. On the morning of the referendum results.

Have Leavers blamed Cameron, Osbourne and so many others, all sorts of "coward"-like epithets? Yep. We've even had Judges, and now MPs this week. The EU and remain voters were always a given, of course :roll:

I cannot be ar5ed going through all my Brexit-related posts since before June 2016 to check the extent to which predictions have since been vindicated. But I know it's a lot of them. Because the consequences unfolding currently, were all-so-predictable.

Read my digital lips: you are all getting <removed>. Leavers and Remainers alike. Heal the divide and do something about it jointly. Or suffer the consequences, divided.

Well that's a blessing.:hihi:

Edited by nikki-red
masked swearing

'Others' started bailing on 24 June 2016 and have done so uninterruptedly since. .

Yes. The 'Brexodus' is in full flow!

EU nationals are fleeing the UK at an alarming rate - according to the Remoaners doomsday cult. Yet official figures from the Office for National Statistics show EU citizens coming and working here in record numbers! After the leave vote!

Like all the other failed predictions of disaster invented by this kooky new religion, Brexodus is a fiction.

/dogwhistle

That is superb news for both Humber South Bank and Lowestoft where there is plenty of capacity and infrastructure already in place. The local economies will benefit hugely from the shift of freight business away from the overloaded south east.

I'm a bit surprised that you want to put further investment into the South East instead of taking an easy opportunity to rebalance the UK economy.

Reality is that the SE requires ready access to channel ports. You can’t escape that.

Read my digital lips: you are all getting <removed>. Leavers and Remainers alike.

I cant wait to get <removed>.:hihi:

Heal the divide and do something about it jointly. Quickly now.

Or suffer the consequences, divided.

I honestly believe that the majority of those that voted leave are willing to accept the consequences, and that any division is being created by the remainers. After all it them that are the ones complaining.

So, lets have a full on Brexit, just leave and stop this messing about with the EU.

Edited by nikki-red
masked swearing

I cant wait to get <removed>.:hihi:

I honestly believe that the majority of those that voted leave are willing to accept the consequences, and that any division is being created by the remainers. After all it them that are the ones complaining.

So, lets have a full on Brexit, just leave and stop this messing about with the EU.

go jump off a cliff then, tatty ho

Edited by nikki-red
masked swearing