The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Italy's 'democratically elected' President isn't elected by the people. But by members of Parliament and regional delegates. Just 1009 voters to be accurate. This is democracy EU style.

Not real democracy at all. Especially as an unelected by the people president can prevent a truly democratic elected by the people government from selecting its choice of finance minister - which is essential for putting its policies into practice.

Who elected Theresa May? :roll:

whoever it was, i bet they are regretting it

The people of Maidenhead and only them.

He specifically rejected him because it's the new government's policy to stay in the Euro - the proposed finance minister wants to leave it and refused to accept the policy of the government. You'd think the two coalition partners could have found someone who supports their programme to do the job.

Are you suggesting that no political party should ever do anything that runs counter to their manifesto? Or they shouldn't do anything that doesn't appear in their manifesto? That would mean every government everywhere has to be replaced!

Two parties in Italy attempting to form a coalition government have had their favoured nominee blocked purely and simply because of his position on the Euro.

Five Star has 265 seats in the 630 seat Chamber of Deputies. It also won 137 seats in the 315 seat Senate.

The League won 227 seats in the Chamber of Deputies and 112 seats in the Senate.

They will win far more seats at the next election.

Back on topic, please: "Brexit", not "Italy".

You can’t see the parallels of the two countries being swung by right wing xenophobic rhetoric? Really?!

It's simple demographics. There are about a thousand Romanians in UK jails from a population of a 100k. It's no more than a rough extrapolation against the UK population of 85m.

Sorry sunshine, you'll get, no xenophobia from me. Feel free to check and if I'm wrong I'll hold my hands up, and if you are wrong I'll accept an apology. I'll come back to this unless you beat me to it. :)

---------- Post added 29-05-2018 at 12:39 ----------

See above. I don't know the answer to your question, merely the rough arisings from the (current!) prison population via convictions. I appreciate all the vagaries around such a rough figure but we must admit that even extreme police and judicial persecution wouldn't account for the ratio.

The U.K. population is 65m

There are more than 100k Romanian people here

Admit it....you either invented some fake news or got it hilariously and catastrophically wrong

Or try and convince me that Romanian people having 100x more criminal brains :hihi:

Back on topic, please: "Brexit", not "Italy".

i agree for once, it only appeared cos carboots trying to use it as a springboard to attack the EU...yet again

The U.K. population is 65m

There are more than 100k Romanian people here

Admit it....you either invented some fake news or got it hilariously and catastrophically wrong

Or try and convince me that Romanian people having 100x more criminal brains :hihi:

I invite you to do the up to date calculation to show how more likely a Romanian is to be in a UK prison.

Over to you, let's see how hilarious it is.

I invite you to do the up to date calculation to show how more likely a Romanian is to be in a UK prison.

Over to you, let's see how hilarious it is.

We have 3% of black people in the population, but they make up 12% of the prison population; at least that was the claim on radio four today

Hungarian financier George Soros wants to reverse the democratic decision of the UK and he's paying out of his own pocket. This is a quite alarming attack on democracy.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-second-referendum-vote-george-soros-best-for-britain-gina-miller-a8375071.html

As a Hungarian living in America, the obvious question is, what's in it for him?

Hungarian financier George Soros wants to reverse the democratic decision of the UK and he's paying out of his own pocket. This is a quite alarming attack on democracy.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-second-referendum-vote-george-soros-best-for-britain-gina-miller-a8375071.html

As a Hungarian living in America, the obvious question is, what's in it for him?

In the article he says

“Ultimately, it’s up to the British people to decide what they want to do.

The people have already decided when we had the referendum. Can't see anything in it for him at his age so no idea why he is sticking his nose in.