The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

super wealthy clique of global capitalists.

In this country we call them Tories, you know, the ones who gave us the referendum, think about it.....

I voted to Leave the EU because I wanted to give a pay rise to the poor, not Goldman Sachs. I have been proved correct for taking this stance. Another day, another employer very reluctantly admits that they will have to increase wages for low paid staff thanks to the Brexit vote.

Very wealthy EU supporter David Page, whose private equity firm 'Fulham Shore' owns the pizza chain 'Franco Manca', has stated that there is "bigger competition for a lesser pool of staff" since the June 2016 vote.

This means his company might even "have to increase our bonus packages". It is reported here as a negative effect of Brexit in the pro-EU Financial Times:

https://www.ft.com/content/18a5a02a-6704-11e7-8526-7b38dcaef614

But anything that boosts wages is very positive for workers!

Brexit is all about moving the balance of power away from the EU supporting bosses and giving it to the workers.

That's why the establishment hates it so much.

I have no idea. I don't read those newspapers. Do you?

!

Occasionally..maybe you should broaden your scope.. Why would Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage et al be all for Brexit if was "for the people?"

---------- Post added 29-03-2018 at 13:16 ----------

We were warned a vote to Leave the EU would lead to an immediate and profound economic shock (with negative growth and unemployment increasing by around 500,000) when in fact growth has accelerated and employment has GROWN by around 560,000 since the vote.

What's more, when we finally leave the rich mans club with it's rich mans rules, we will finally be free to nationalise energy, water and the railway industry. We can impose tax rises on the big businesses and enormously wealthy individuals who profited from our EU membership. Brexit is the opportunity to redistribute power and wealth away from the EU and it's supporters and give it instead to decent hard working people.

Let's do this!

As the UK only produce 43% of our gas usage, do you think that the likes of Russia and Norway might get a tad angry if we hijacked their property?

What you mean is you have been duped into believing you should have a personal say in every decision.

You have misunderstood or have been misled.

No its you that have misread and have come to your own conclusion.

If you read my past posts you will understand that I have always maintained that it is the people who do the voting and then its for the government to carry out the policies. Parliament approve those acts to enable us to vote and the individual has no say only a vote.

---------- Post added 29-03-2018 at 14:27 ----------

As the UK only produce 43% of our gas usage, do you think that the likes of Russia and Norway might get a tad angry if we hijacked their property?

Better tell Corbyn as I'm sure he will understand as its him and Labour that want to Re-Nationalise everything.

Edited by apelike

'Best for Britain' financial backer George Soros certainly doesn't want what's best for Britain. He is a super rich, unelected dual Hungarian and US citizen who has pumped vast sums of money into his political causes around the world in order to dictate policy to governments.

And he has done this using money he gained from speculating on British economic misery. 'Best for Britain' is simply being paid to carry out Soros long term agenda of subverting democracy for the benefit of a super wealthy clique of global capitalists.

Remind us where Murdoch is from, where Lord Rothermere is domiciled and where the Barclay bothers base their tax affairs.

---------- Post added 29-03-2018 at 15:51 ----------

We were warned a vote to Leave the EU would lead to an immediate and profound economic shock (with negative growth and unemployment increasing by around 500,000) when in fact growth has accelerated and employment has GROWN by around 560,000 since the vote.

What's more, when we finally leave the rich mans club with it's rich mans rules, we will finally be free to nationalise energy, water and the railway industry. We can impose tax rises on the big businesses and enormously wealthy individuals who profited from our EU membership. Brexit is the opportunity to redistribute power and wealth away from the EU and it's supporters and give it instead to decent hard working people.

Let's do this!

I admire your sentiment but you forget that the process has been captured by hardline right wing politicians who want the opposite of what you want.

---------- Post added 29-03-2018 at 15:53 ----------

We get gas from Russia don’t we.

Maybe the fact that Brexiters are doing Putin’s bidding will stand us in good stead.

Ooops, May has scuppered that by declaring a new Cold War.

Let's do this!

Which Prime Minister will nationalise energy,water and the railway industry?

Why would a vote of the people in 2018 be less democratic than one that happened two years ago?

It wouldn't be, nor any more than the 1975 one.

However, a democracy allows people to change their minds, and as we are getting landed with a pig in a poke brexit (Did the UK really know what it meant to Gibralter, NI, etc when they voted yes?) then it makes sense to have a vote on the final decision.

In fact, it would be the only democratic way to do it - anything else would be tossing the whole history of the UK and the mothers of parliament in the bin.

Remind us where Murdoch is from, where Lord Rothermere is domiciled and where the Barclay bothers base their tax affairs.

---------- Post added 29-03-2018 at 15:51 ----------

I admire your sentiment but you forget that the process has been captured by hardline right wing politicians who want the opposite of what you want.

---------- Post added 29-03-2018 at 15:53 ----------

We get gas from Russia don’t we.

Maybe the fact that Brexiters are doing Putin’s bidding will stand us in good stead.

Ooops, May has scuppered that by declaring a new Cold War.

We don't use a lot of gas from Russia . France and Germany are far more dependant on Russian gas than we are

We don't use a lot of gas from Russia . France and Germany are far more dependant on Russian gas than we are

I think we import around 1% of our gas from Russia.

I think we import around 1% of our gas from Russia.

WTF?! Really? I don't think maths is your strong point.

According to British Gas, the UK imports 44% of its gas from Europe. Russian sourced gas accounts for 35% of gas from Europe.

So 35% of 44% is 15.4%. How does that equal 1%? :loopy:

Edited by ez8004