The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Across Europe the biggest beneficiaries of the EU’s regional aid programmes, its structural funds, are multinational companies. FACT.

I suppose in a way this could be true as there are a lot of funds and training schemes out there to help the unemployed and disenfranchised, i start one next week in warehousing, and did an Employability one a few weeks ago and on the websites for both theres a large EU flag and mention of the ESF.

I suppose large businesses DO benefit from these as they get more workers, better workers than if these schemes didnt exist?

Not sure where the funding will come from after brexit but i have been informed they will, i hope so, they are a major help getting people back into work like myself after redundancy.

I suppose in a way this could be true as there are a lot of funds and training schemes out there to help the unemployed and disenfranchised, i start one next week in warehousing, and did an Employability one a few weeks ago and on the websites for both theres a large EU flag and mention of the ESF.

I suppose large businesses DO benefit from these as they get more workers, better workers than if these schemes didnt exist?

Not sure where the funding will come from after brexit but i have been informed they will, i hope so, they are a major help getting people back into work like myself after redundancy.

A4e, a private contractor, has been allocated €60m in ESF funding since 2007 through various welfare to work programmes. According to 'The Times', "A4e is a business consultancy that offers “to make millions from the unemployed by treating them as a commodity” to private and public companies."

In February 2012, it was revealed that A4e CEO Emma Harrison was paid an £8.6 million dividend on her shares in addition to her £365,000 annual salary, the majority of which came from the ESF.

A4e now uses the trading name 'PeoplePlus' due to various controversies and criminal investigations involving fraud and lost personal data.

A4e, a private contractor, has been allocated €60m in ESF funding since 2007 through various welfare to work programmes. According to 'The Times', "A4e is a business consultancy that offers “to make millions from the unemployed by treating them as a commodity” to private and public companies."

In February 2012, it was revealed that A4e CEO Emma Harrison was paid an £8.6 million dividend on her shares in addition to her £365,000 annual salary, the majority of which came from the ESF.

A4e now uses the trading name 'PeoplePlus' due to various controversies and criminal investigations involving fraud and lost personal data.

i wouldnt know about the ins and outs of the agency in your post, theres thousands of agencies and training schemes out there and they all make money...of course, and get money from the EU which in itself is not a bad thing. It does help people like me, although the bad apples DO need outing and prosecuting if found out. But like i said, getting money to this training and courses in general ISNT a bad thing

I don’t automatically trust Murdoch-owned media on Brexit.

The idea that everything is fine now so will continue to be so is flawed.

We have not left yet, and we don’t yet know the terms of leaving. We won’t really know until during the transition period

fair enough thats your choice :D regarding the rest of your post yes you are correct but 7000 odd pages telling us we are all doomed appears to be flawed too eh?

I already disspelled this one. Is posting it again on a new page a tool to ensure your unfounded propaganda gets read by more people regardless of your inability to counter my points made earlier?

The government's official migration experts, the Migration Advisory Committee (MAC), has reported and stated that "what is best for business is not always better for the population at large", in relation to mass immigration from the EU and elsewhere.

It also says cutting EU migration will “not necessarily mean lower growth in output per head, which is most closely connected to living standards”.

MAC has mentioned official government projections that zero net EU migration post-Brexit could not merely halt the population growth in some parts of northern England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland - but actually lead to falls in the next 20 years. Massively improving peoples quality of life. Less people, less cars.

MAC says employers are too reluctant to discuss the role of wages when explaining why they employ EU migrants.

MAC does not think it credible for some employers to argue that they could not increase the number of UK-born workers they employ by offering higher wages. “Individual employers would almost always be able to recruit resident workers if they paid wages sufficiently above the going rate”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/mar/27/cutting-eu-migration-very-likely-to-hit-growth-official-advisers

The MAC says businesses employ EU migrants not because they are prepared to accept lower pay and conditions but because they are prepared to do work that British workers won’t. The vast majority do not deliberately seek to fill vacancies with migrant workers.

“Why does business employ EEA migrants? The simple answer is because they are the best available candidates. Understandably, employers are unenthusiastic about the prospect of restrictions on the pool of possible workers,” concludes the report, which cites 40% lower absenteeism rates for EU migrants compared with UK-born workers in some lower-skilled sectors.

at least 4 times youve "mentioned" it, This ones the first time youve actually been on topic in the post.

for the record, youre out of date, ive only been out of work since november and got a couple of things in the pipeline.

I was also IN work since 2004 till last november, and made redundant BECAUSE of brexit.

now maybe youll change the record ;)

For the record you told us you had a period of 18 years on the dole, hardly a great record on your behalf. Perhaps you'd like to change that.

You accuse me of personal attacks but have no problem calling people who voted for brexit idiots.

You've also told us that the UK is going down the pan but you have no problem accepting the benefits living here gives.

Try changing the record, you appear to have plenty of time on your hands to do it.

7000 odd pages telling us we are all doomed appears to be flawed too eh?

Sheffield and most of Yorksire voted to leave but I've yet to see anyone on this thread making a convincing argument for things being better after Brexit.

From the Brextremists all we seem to have is a obsessive dislike of the EU and politicians in general and the feeling that as long as we leave the EU and stick two fingers up at politicians then it doesn't really really matter what happens afterwards.

Please somebody, make an economic case for Brexit!

You accuse me of personal attacks but have no problem calling people who voted for brexit idiots.

You've also told us that the UK is going down the pan but you have no problem accepting the benefits living here gives.

If somebody does something idiotic does that make them an idiot? in my eyes voting brexit is the most idiotic thing anybody could do so this makes them an idiot (in my eyes) if you take that personally then thats up to you.

Not sure what you mean by the second part, i believe we wont "prosper" like some seem to think, i struggle to think where better deals than we already had will come from. despite what some try and say i dont think employability will be higher i think we'll actually lose jobs and if the economy does suffer i can see there being more cuts to benefits and help, and more austerity.

And not one brexit voter has actually put straight forward, honest facts on how they think it will be improved or even an honest appraisal of how the government are doing.

The MAC says businesses employ EU migrants not because they are prepared to accept lower pay and conditions but because they are prepared to do work that British workers won’t. The vast majority do not deliberately seek to fill vacancies with migrant workers.

“Why does business employ EEA migrants? The simple answer is because they are the best available candidates. Understandably, employers are unenthusiastic about the prospect of restrictions on the pool of possible workers,” concludes the report, which cites 40% lower absenteeism rates for EU migrants compared with UK-born workers in some lower-skilled sectors.

Why aren't their own countries prosperous if they are supposed to work better than British workers?

If somebody does something idiotic does that make them an idiot? in my eyes voting brexit is the most idiotic thing anybody could do so this makes them an idiot (in my eyes) if you take that personally then thats up to you.

Not sure what you mean by the second part, i believe we wont "prosper" like some seem to think, i struggle to think where better deals than we already had will come from. despite what some try and say i dont think employability will be higher i think we'll actually lose jobs and if the economy does suffer i can see there being more cuts to benefits and help, and more austerity.

And not one brexit voter has actually put straight forward, honest facts on how they think it will be improved or even an honest appraisal of how the government are doing.

We were told before the referendum that a vote to leave would immediately cost hundreds of thousands of jobs. In fact employment is higher than its ever been and unemployment is so low it would normally be classed as full employment taking into account people moving between jobs.

The government is doing crap, but the alternative is even worse, if the present Labour Party is ever elected then you'll be able to look forward to some unemployment in the country as big business will be fleeing to avoid sky high taxes.

As for calling people who voted for brexit idiots, well that's over half of the electorate that voted, I know plenty who voted to remain and just because they voted differently to me I wouldn't dream of calling them idiots, but I suppose that's your prerogative but it's no way to win a discussion where people have different points of view.

---------- Post added 27-03-2018 at 16:37 ----------

Why aren't their own countries prosperous if they are supposed to work better than British workers?

I've often wondered about that.

Their own countries don't give them enough opportunity,they can make more money in the UK,nobody who is able is going to work for lower wages when they can get more for the same effort in another country,it's called bettering yourself.