The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

The trouble is with a lot of this type of thing, who did what, its like i posted yesterday, it gets lost in the mists of time and gets confusing with who did which bit. but then somebody posts it as "proof"

You simply can't comprehend that the people at the bottom of society have enjoyed little, if any, benefit from the EU elite

I agree, they may have been but people at the bottom of society as you call it, would have been much worse off if the UK hadn't been part of the EU.

UK workers are below the EU average in terms of health, wealth, employment rights, working hours, cost of living and housing because we live in a system where successive governments both Labour and Tory have put the interests of the wealthy and privileged above those of everyone else.

This will be borne out when those first to suffer from withdrawing from the EU are the weakest and poorest in our society.

The trouble is with a lot of this type of thing, who did what, its like i posted yesterday, it gets lost in the mists of time and gets confusing with who did which bit. but then somebody posts it as "proof"

Why are you posting on a politics thread when you don't seem to possess even a rudimentary understanding of our political system? Are you drunk?

When it comes to primary and secondary legislation EVERYTHING is recorded for posterity. The acts I mentioned were bills which passed through both houses before receiving royal assent and becoming law. Nothing has been lost into the 'mists of time'.

UK workers are below the EU average in terms of health, wealth, employment rights, working hours, cost of living and housing..

No they aren't.

We are 3rd in the EU in terms of health and life expectancy.

We are 4th in the world in terms of wealth per adult

We have basically the same working rights

We have basically the same working hours rights for the majority of the employed

EU countries with a higher cost of living index:

Luxembourg - 96.56

Denmark - 93.30

Ireland - 84.45

France 83.86

Sweden - 83.70

Belgium - 83.35

Netherlands - 82.69

Finland - 81.70

Italy - 79.06

UK - 75.85

Housing is a bit different as it depends on whether it is rented or bought. In the EU it is more likely that a property is rented rather than have the UK obsession with buying.

The EU demands £2.7bn euros of 'unpaid customs duty' from UK, shocker.

The likes of Mogg believes in totally free trade, maybe that is why they did nothing about this £$2.7 billion tax anomaly.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43328398

There is no way, given that Britain was cheating on the Customs Union while a member of the EU, that the EU is going to trust Britain on the current NI border proposals.

Oh... and.. whoops

Brexit study warns over chemical industry

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43334860

Edited by Magilla

No they aren't.

We are 3rd in the EU in terms of health and life expectancy.

We are 4th in the world in terms of wealth per adult

We have basically the same working rights

We have basically the same working hours rights for the majority of the employed

EU countries with a higher cost of living index:

Luxembourg - 96.56

Denmark - 93.30

Ireland - 84.45

France 83.86

Sweden - 83.70

Belgium - 83.35

Netherlands - 82.69

Finland - 81.70

Italy - 79.06

UK - 75.85

Housing is a bit different as it depends on whether it is rented or bought. In the EU it is more likely that a property is rented rather than have the UK obsession with buying.

So what you are actually saying, is the UK has not really suffered while being in the EU?

Brexit supporter can’t wait for higher wages, cheaper housing and empty roads

http://newsthump.com/2016/05/20/brexit-supporter-cant-wait-for-higher-wages-cheaper-housing-and-empty-roads/

:hihi:

You remind me of the anti-Brexit protester, Hollie, who when asked to name three good things about the EU names... the NHS.

Do you also believe that the EU created the NHS?

Or do you think the trouble is with a lot of this type of thing, who did what, it gets lost in the mists of time and gets confusing with who did which bit?

But then somebody posts it as "proof"?

Edited by Car Boot

Y

Or do you think the trouble is with a lot of this type of thing, who did what, it gets lost in the mists of time and gets confusing with who did which bit?

But then somebody posts it as "proof"?

dont just copy what i said fool get yer own ideas

At least naming NHS was a stab at an answer.

Name 3 good things that will result from Brexit.

NOT 3 things that will not be nearly so bad as people fear about Brexit.

Immigrants,and they've been doing it since SAWS was introduced in 1948.

I know but it was temp sessional work then.

So what you are actually saying, is the UK has not really suffered while being in the EU?

No that's what you are making out not me. I was replying to Top Cats Hat = Pork Pie. ;)