The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Leave was about believing the lies because it allowed people who resent what they perceive to be shortcomings of their own lives to blame someone else who didn't look or speak like themselves. It allowed those that felt they were powerless (through a misunderstanding and deliberate ignorance of what democracy actually is) to stick it to someone and sneer at the damage it might cause to someone else while screaming 'lets see how you like it!'.

Remain was about saying, - look , none of this rubbish you're being fed and then spouting in turn is actually true, lets identify the real problem and then deal with that'.

Remain was actually saying that the sky would fall in, the economy would collapse and that there would be World War 3 if we didn't support the EU puppet masters at the referendum.

Those who voted to Remain did so in reality to give the rich and powerful a pay rise at the expense of the most disadvantaged and vulnerable. Goldman Sachs, big business and the unelected beauracratic elite (who all consider themselves born to rule) will have certainly raised a glass or three of Dom Perignon to thank the useful idiot Remainers for supporting the EU gravy train.

I, and many others, voted LEAVE to give the poorest in our society a well deserved pay rise.

to give the rich and powerful a pay rise at the expense of the most disadvantaged and vulnerable.

Remind me again who is going to suffer first and hardest under Brexit?

And I must have got it wrong then, because all I heard on the economy during the campaign was about how big business was going to profit greatly from the relaxing of EU red tape governing workers' rights, disability rights and health and safety. Working time directives, minimum wage legislation and equal opportunities and disability legislation all came from Europe, many at great resistance from consecutive Tory governments.

I will say it again, the leave movement originated from the far right libertarian wing of the Conservative Party and has always been led and bankrolled by millionaire businessmen. In what possible way could that be in the interest of the disadvantaged and vulnerable?

If you think that, then you seriously need to give your head a wobble!

And I must have got it wrong then, because all I heard on the economy during the campaign was about how big business was going to profit greatly from the relaxing of EU red tape governing workers' rights, disability rights and health and safety. Working time directives, minimum wage legislation and equal opportunities and disability legislation all came from Europe, many at great resistance from consecutive Tory governments.

I will say it again, the leave movement originated from the far right libertarian wing of the Conservative Party and has always been led and bankrolled by millionaire businessmen. In what possible way could that be in the interest of the disadvantaged and vulnerable?

Just look at where the main leavers came from for proof lol, look at their backgrounds (farage, rees Mogg, Boris Johnson et al)

The UK Minimum Wage certainly did not come from Europe!

---------- Post added 08-03-2018 at 15:52 ----------

Working time directives, minimum wage legislation and equal opportunities and disability legislation all came from Europe, many at great resistance from consecutive Tory governments.

How many of these laws came from Europe?

The Old Age Pensions Act 1908.

The National Insurance Act 1911.

The Equal Pay Act 1970.

The Sex Discrimination Act 1975.

The Race Relations Act 1976.

Disability Discrimination Act 1995.

National Minimum Wage Act 1998.

Answer: Not a single one.

They came from democratically elected British governments, Liberal, Labour and even Conservative.

Remember both Tony Benn and Jeremy Corbyn were never enthralled with the EU.

The point leavers were making is that the legislation should be made here by the government of choice. If voters, such as yourself, choose a Labour government, then they will introduce legislation that they see fit or at least was in the UK Labour manifesto, likewise a Conservative government. In accepting the laws made by a supranational legislator is an admission that lawmaking in the UK can only be seen as inferior as compared with that made in the EU.

You simply can't comprehend that the people at the bottom of society have enjoyed little, if any, benefit from the EU elite selfishly feathering their own nest while big business has been exploiting cheap migrant labour for huge profits.

Goldman Sachs and the wealthy establishment hierarchy, claiming to know what is best for our interests, gave the poor a pat on the head and instructed them to vote for the status quo.

It didn't work. If the EU was so loved and adored by the poor, and working for us all - not just the rich - we'd have voted to stay.

The Equal Pay Act 1970.

They came from democratically elected British governments, Liberal, Labour and even Conservative.

So you admit then that even whilst in the EU we are able to produce laws of our own? So much for there being a federal superstate...

The Equal Pay Act 1970.

No laws ever came from Europe.

Directives come from Europe which we choose to incorporate into UK law to stay in the EU. Your argument is built on a faulty premise.

The EU demands £2.7bn euros of 'unpaid customs duty' from UK, shocker.

The likes of Mogg believes in totally free trade, maybe that is why they did nothing about this £$2.7 billion tax anomaly.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43328398

Directives come from Europe which we choose to incorporate into UK law to stay in the EU. Your argument is built on a faulty premise.

Perhaps you should inform the Remain supporter 'Top Cats Hat' who claimed:

Working time directives, minimum wage legislation and equal opportunities and disability legislation all came from Europe,

I was merely responding to this contributors nonsense post.

More like faulty brain :roll:

The Equal Pay Act 1970.

Well, the first three pre-dated the UK's accession- so it's not too surprising that the EU wasn't involved!

Oh, and all seven came from Parliament + Royal Assent. HMG itself does not 'make' laws at all.