The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

How do you read the bottom of a hydra?

Ah yes, like a great big nasty lizard stealing our fish, stealing our money......

The multi-headed hydra imagery has hit a note with you hasn’t it.

It was not me that liked the EU to a: In Greek mythology the Hydra, which was also called Lernaean Hydra, is a serpent-like monster. According to Theogony 313, the hydra is the child of Typhon and Echidna. Hercules, or Heracles in Greek mythology, kills the Hydra as one of his Labors. ... The monster also had one immortal head that was in the middle. But it does seem fitting except modern day Greece didn't have Heracles to slay it and was it's self-slain.

I didn’t actually.

I just made the comment that many heads (of the EU members) are better than one head (of The Conservative Party)

It was like a bit of a joke......similar to Brexit.

No, it was I1L2T3, but you carried on his Quote.

Edited by nikki-red
fixed the quote

How do you read the bottom of a hydra?

Ah yes, like a great big nasty lizard stealing our fish, stealing our money......

The multi-headed hydra imagery has hit a note with you hasn’t it.

It was not me that liked the EU to a: In Greek mythology the Hydra, which was also called Lernaean Hydra, is a serpent-like monster. According to Theogony 313, the hydra is the child of Typhon and Echidna. Hercules, or Heracles in Greek mythology, kills the Hydra as one of his Labors. ... The monster also had one immortal head that was in the middle. But it does seem fitting except modern day Greece didn't have Heracles to slay it and was it's self-slain.

No, it was I1L2T3, but you carried on his Quote.

I didn’t liken the EU to a hydra. Go back and read my original post reallllllly carefully.

Actually scratch that. Just read it.

Edited by nikki-red
fixed the quote

This is getting surreal.

We need ENG back with his answers to the real questions

I didn’t liken the EU to a hydra. Go back and read my original post reallllllly carefully.

Actually scratch that. Just read it.

and the only country that seems to be feeling hard done by by the multi-headed hydra....is us quote!

!

Edited by nikki-red
fixed the quote

Fair play to John Major.

He may be a Tory but he is one of the few public figures in the last 18 months to say that the majority of people in the UK did NOT vote for Brexit!

"The country voted for Brexit!!!" No we didn't!

Fair play to John Major.

He may be a Tory but he is one of the few public figures in the last 18 months to say that the majority of people in the UK did NOT vote for Brexit!

Err...

I think that, on a high turnout of 72.2 per cent, the majority of voters DID in fact vote to leave the EU.

At a more local level, 58 per cent of people living in Yorkshire and the Humber voted resoundingly to leave the EU monster club. Fair play to them, they weren't frightened into voting the way Goldman Sachs and the majority of the Westminster elite wanted them to.

Anyone who voted Leave is a hero in my book.

Fair play to John Major.

is he still-grey or gone blue?

---------- Post added 28-02-2018 at 23:19 ----------

Why can’t some people still not understand that the EU is a collection of 28 countries, not some standalone nefarious multi-headed hydra.

It is 27 we votes out ,out ,out ,out ,out ,out ,out , get used to it.

I think that, on a high turnout of 72.2 per cent, the majority of voters DID in fact vote to leave the EU. book.

Adult population of UK about 51 million.

Those who voted for Brexit 17 million.

Those who didn't vote for Brexit 33\51 x 100 =64.7%

I say again, they MAJORITY of adults in the UK (64.7%) did NOT vote for Brexit!

we votes out ,out ,out ,out ,out ,out ,out , get used to it.

You fail to understand that its not about the POPULATION but about those in the population that are REGISTERED to vote as it only those that count. See my signature as to be correct that only works out at 34.7%. As in any election those that are registered to vote but don't vote are classed as abstaining and do not get factored in as figures are based on turnout.

Registered Voters = 45,766,000

Leave voters = 17,410,742

Remain voters = 16,141,241

Abstaining = 12,214,017

Edited by apelike
Additional info

They should have got off their arses and voted then instead not voting!

You fail to understand that its not about the POPULATION but about those in the population that are REGISTERED to vote as it only those that count. See my signature as to be correct that only works out at 34.7%. As in any election those that are registered to vote but don't vote are classed as abstaining and do not get factored in as figures are based on turnout.

Registered Voters = 45,766,000

Leave voters = 17,410,742

Remain voters = 16,141,241

Abstaining = 12,214,017

That is not a compelling case for fundamental and permanent change to the country.

It looks like utter madness.