The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

yes but will there be unicorns and a money tree in every garden in the land?

Nor can the eu mel,we will still be importing from them,a deal will be struck.

Oh, just you wait and see Mel. You're going to be terribly disappointed when you find out the your EU overlords had no clothes on.

Well,if this is correct,they seem to well suited and booted.......big booted.:hihi:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/feb/06/brexit-eu-power-punish-uk-transition-period-sanctions

Rees-Moggs bodyguards will be trying to hold him back.:hihi:

Edited by chalga

Well,if this is correct,they seem to well suited and booted.......big booted.:hihi:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/feb/06/brexit-eu-power-punish-uk-transition-period-sanctions

Rees-Moggs bodyguards will be trying to hold him back.:hihi:

Seems fair - we signed up to the rules and if we break them we pay...

But Unicorns and money trees aren't part of the deal are they? We can still bring them through the open Irish border after we have submitted to passport checks can't we? </irony>

Time we told the EU what we want, if the reply is negative from the corrupt institution, just tell them where to go. Withdraw the £40 billion blackmail money we are supposed to give them, and walk away.

We are GREAT Britain not some banana republic in the 3rd world. Bring Farage and Daniel Hannan in to do the business, at least they have the gonads to stand up to the thieves of Europe.

Angel1

We are GREAT Britain not some banana republic in the 3rd world.

there we go, the delusional ramblings of the brexiters, we HAVENT been great for decades, and we ARE turning into a third world country because of the constant cuts due to our own overlords taking more and more of the money

Farage would have to be dragged in kicking and screaming.

He knows that his aspirations cannot be delivered,so his place is to continue to shout from the touch line.

As he said after stepping down from the leadership.”My work is done”

Edited by RJRB

Seems fair - we signed up to the rules and if we break them we pay.

Extra judicial penalties seem fair to you? Crikey, we've got a new degree of Stockholm Syndrome here.

It won't happen. Hard Brexit is looking more likely by the day though.

---------- Post added 06-02-2018 at 21:39 ----------

I just wanted to leave this personal message from Guy Verhostadt.

Thumbs up if you want a United States of Europe

The Brexit impact statements have just been released with a helpful regional breakdown.

Yearly reduction in growth for Yorkshire and Humber

Single Market 1.5%

Free Trade 5%

No deal 7%

I've little hope that we can change course now but it'd be nice if we can have a sensible discussion about impact rather than shooting the messenger.

The Brexit impact statements have just been released with a helpful regional breakdown.

Yearly reduction in growth for Yorkshire and Humber

Single Market 1.5%

Free Trade 5%

No deal 7%

I've little hope that we can change course now but it'd be nice if we can have a sensible discussion about impact rather than shooting the messenger.

The Messenger (ie the Treasury) has been wrong on all predictions so far. There's no reason to think their latest predictions using the same data will be any more correct.

But in the spirit of your question, Y&H growth in 2020 is predicted by "experts" no less!! to be 1.4%. I'll do the maths to save anyone else getting carried away. The worst case scenario (predicted by "experts" no less!!) of a no deal Brexit on the regional economy is 0.09%, or less than a hundredth of a penny in the pound.

Not so scary now is it?

I’ve had enough discussion about how bad or how little effect the whole gamut of Brexit options might be.

What are the envisaged benefits resulting from the time ,effort and money that we are spending by this process?

I’ve had enough discussion about how bad or how little effect the whole gamut of Brexit options might be.

What are the envisaged benefits resulting from the time ,effort and money that we are spending by this process?

Who knows! The world awaits.

Since 90% of world economic growth will be outside the EU by 2020 it could be fantastic.

Who knows! The world awaits.

Since 90% of world economic growth will be outside the EU by 2020 it could be fantastic.

I assume that this means 90% of growth will be outside Europe.

We will I think still be in Europe

Unless Trump or Putin have other plans.