The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

I voted to Leave the EU.

Of course someone else will have to work out the details!

Thank-you for confirming.

So, in the question which matters to my firm today about data protection regulations, is it:

A) The UK will not be part of the harmonised data protection regulations but will do it's own thing. It will not allow disputes to be settled in the European Court of Justice. Trying to service our business customers in Europe will therefore create additional red tape for both customer and supplier, and these costs mean the European customers will trade with European suppliers instead.

B) The UK will be part of the harmonised data protection regulations but will no longer be involved with their drafting ("the Norway option").

C) You don't care what happens the day after Brexit - you are thinking solely about the exit and not the future.

I guess the lesson from all this is "define your terms."

When you ask a simplistic question, you're unlikely to get a useful answer. Brexit really is a case in point.

Which means either:

• The EU, and all its individual institutions and agencies.
  • The EU, but none of its individual institutions and agencies.
  • The EU, but not all of its institutions and agencies.

That's three flavours of Brexit right there.

Add as many dimensions as you want, fiscal, environmental, constitutional.

Now imagine the ballot paper for that referendum. You'd need 3D glasses.

Which is why we have a representational democracy, rather than the knee-jerk actions of a direct democracy, I thought.

Nevertheless - we have voted for it, so let's all make it the best Brexit possible.

For a given definition of "best" - which could mean (depending on your outlook, inter alia):

• Retaining membership and/or cooperation with as many EU agencies and institutions as possible without being a member of the EU.
  • Refusing membership and/or cooperation with all EU agencies and institutions as possible.
  • Retaining membership and/or cooperation with selected EU agencies and institutions for purely national benefit, without being a member of the EU

Basically, we collectively lanced the boil on June 23rd last year, and now we're all covered in gallons of pus, pointing fingers of blame, whilst the wound festers on.

Progress!

YES but at least WE are in charge of the pus :thumbsup:

SWYgeW91IGNvdWxkIGhlYXIsIGF0IGV2ZXJ5IGpvbHQsIHRoZS BibG9vZA0KQ29tZSBnYXJnbGluZyBmcm9tIHRoZSBmcm90aC1j b3JydXB0ZWQgbHVuZ3MsDQpPYnNjZW5lIGFzIGNhbmNlciwgYm l0dGVyIGFzIHRoZSBjdWQNCk9mIHZpbGUsIGluY3VyYWJsZSBz b3JlcyBvbiBpbm5vY2VudCB0b25ndWVzLOKAlA==

TXkgZnJpZW5kLCB5b3Ugd291bGQgbm90IHRlbGwgd2l0aCBzdWNoIGhpZ2ggemVzdA0KVG8gY2hpbGRyZW4gYXJkZW50IGZvciBzb21lIGRlc3BlcmF0ZSBnbG9yeSwgDQpUaGUgb2xkIExpZTsgRHVsY2UgZXQgRGVjb3J1bSBlc3QgDQpQcm8gcGF0cmlhIG1vcmku==

Like Norway, without the trillion dollar sovereign wealth fund.

Yes... there is that ;)

TXkgZnJpZW5kLCB5b3Ugd291bGQgbm90IHRlbGwgd2l0aCBzdWNoIGhpZ2ggemVzdA0KVG8gY2hpbGRyZW4gYXJkZW50IGZvciBzb21lIGRlc3BlcmF0ZSBnbG9yeSwgDQpUaGUgb2xkIExpZTsgRHVsY2UgZXQgRGVjb3J1bSBlc3QgDQpQcm8gcGF0cmlhIG1vcmku==

That is the most cogent argument from the remain side I have ever seen.

That is the most cogent argument from the remain side I have ever seen.

The patriotism part of Wilfred Owens Dulce et Decorum Est

That you didn't understand it.... the most accurate summation of the leave side I have ever seen.

Edited by Magilla

If anybody ever doubted that Brexiters were overwhelmingly daft watch Question Time now

They are brainwashed, just aggressively shouting lines straight out of the Daily Mail, often very aggressively and directly at females. These are mostly middle aged men that have totally lost the plot. Undignified nasty people.

No.

What 'Question Time' in Barnsley revealed was the yawning chasm between the views of the out of touch metropolitan Remainer elite and the decent working class folk who pay their salaries while being governed by EU rules.

People are getting very annoyed that we haven't left the EU yet, and I can't say that I blame them. To add to this we have those establishment conformist rebels who claim they are fighting for parliamentary sovereignty but have never concerned themselves about EU law having primacy over UK law in the past.

The divide between the ruled and those who rule us is growing larger every day...

If anybody ever doubted that Brexiters were overwhelmingly daft watch Question Time now

They are brainwashed, just aggressively shouting lines straight out of the Daily Mail, often very aggressively and directly at females. These are mostly middle aged men that have totally lost the plot. Undignified nasty people.

As opposed to traitors, I'd take them any day.

As opposed to traitors, I'd take them any day.

Spot on, plus over the nasty middle aged story tellers who's idea of happiness is a million people dying since the referendum and hoping most of them voted for brexit.

Spot on, plus over the nasty middle aged story tellers who's idea of happiness is a million people dying since the referendum and hoping most of them voted for brexit.

When did I ever say I was happy about it. They’re dying off. That’s a fact.

When did I ever say I was happy about it. They’re dying off. That’s a fact.

Typical remoaner, reading something into my post.

I never mentioned you did I? Sounds like a bit of guilty conscience. Mind I didn't think you'd got one.

That’s one million pensions the nation doesn’t have to cough up for.

So now the nation can afford to pay for this Brexit that you all want, despite the fact you have no idea how to implement it.

Next step is for you Brexiters to agree on what type of Brexit it will be.

Soft Brexit?

Hard Brexit?

WTO rules or not?

Will we have a free trade agreement with the openly protectionist Trumpet or not?

When will we #MBGA ?

What of the one billion Indians coming here to take your jobs?

Will Sir Nige’ ever get his knighthood?

When do we reopen the coal mines? The proud folk of Baaaaaaaaaarnsley need work :help: