The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Employment is at the highest rate ever, but have you had a look at productivity values? Let me guess you are too uneducated to know such a thing exists. Go google and educate yourself on the employment rate trends versus the productivity index and you tell me if that is ok.

I don't have to tell you anything, as you are one of the highly educated remoaners who have to use insults at every opportunity.

Something that you would be afraid to do face to face.

So I will make a point of ignoring you in future.

You can stop when all you've mentioned happens. Employment is at its highest rates ever, so why do you find that so depressing? Or would you prefer to be at European rates of unemployment.

we havent left yet, itll soon come down when the hits the fan

Highest employment rate does not equate highest productivity, nor highest tax income to No.11.

The UK's problem is that this "highest" rate of employment is made up of in-work benefits-supported Mc jobs, and has been since 2008. That's a vicious circle, not a virtuous one, because it's not conducive of growth/economic development, just more socio-economic dead-cat-bouncing.

The government needs to get spending for incentivising productivity investment, BIG time. And fast, because that spending is overdue by several years at least, and places the UK at an increasing comparative disadvantage relative to the rest of the G7/G20 (arguably that's how and why the current growth levels of the EU's main economies is outpacing the UK, not Brexit which has yet to actually happen).

Thanks for your civil reply loob.

I know the UK doesn't have the highest productivity and that's something that has developed over a number of years, but I still maintain that high employment is something to be celebrated.

I've always thought that in work benefits is not the way to beat unemployment and would prefer to go down the route of decreasing tax for the lower paid, in fact in my opinion someone on minimum wage working forty hours a week shouldn't be paying income tax at all.

As for productivity investment in training is something that government of all colours have only played at over the years, and we can only hope that this changes in the future.

I wish you well in your new venture, at least from what I've seen when I've had the time to come on here you are one of the few that haven't resorted to insults about others education.

I worked on the tools for most of my working life and had the qualification to do that job and didn't necessarily need academic qualification.

Mind you having worked at properties in and around Sheffield for a lot of that time it's a bit ironic that I was probably earning more than a lot of the householders who thought they were better than us because they worked in an office.

---------- Post added 04-12-2017 at 17:45 ----------

we havent left yet, itll soon come down when the hits the fan

You're correct we haven't left yet, so what might happen is only supposition.

Yes, a point that I keep making.

One cannot determine one's best course of action if basing oneself purely on future guesswork. When the future event in question happens, it becomes possible to tell whether the choices made were good or bad; until then, it's not.

yup, because the strong and stable tories NEEDED them to prop up their weak and feeble government.

The DUP are right in their stance on the Irish border. NI are part of the UK ,so rightly want a hard border . They wont soften their stance , not a prayer , so the prime minister cannot agree to the EU`s demands for an open border or the DUP will pull their support for the government .

The DUP hold all the aces here.

Yes, a point that I keep making.

One cannot determine one's best course of action if basing oneself purely on future guesswork. When the future event in question happens, it becomes possible to tell whether the choices made were good or bad; until then, it's not.

What if the choices turn out to be really bad, and irrevocable?

Ever considered that?

yup, my own supposition, whereas you have your own, golden unicorns in the garden of eden, wood nymphs frolicking in eternal warmth of the sun and all that

The DUP are right in their stance on the Irish border. NI are part of the UK ,so rightly want a hard border . They wont soften their stance , not a prayer , so the prime minister cannot agree to the EU`s demands for an open border or the DUP will pull their support for the government .

Ey Up thing's are looking up here! We might get a general election yet!!

Nobody wants a hard border,and the EU haven't demanded a hard border.Let's see who calls the bluff first,the DUP or May,or Londo,Wales and Scotland.......do you not realise the position that is now forming in the UK?

Cyclone didn't call all the working class simple or gullible - just the subset of it who, as you did, voted for a hard Tory brexit.

Who voted for a hard tory Brexit ? I voted for Brexit but I did not specify which kind . Was there a choice on offer ?

yup, because the strong and stable tories NEEDED them to prop up their weak and feeble government.

The Tories thought they might have needed their support after the 2015 General Election when they were led by Cameron, but on that occasion there wasn't a hung Parliament. Surprise, surprise two years later the Tories needed the support of the DUP and Mrs May is still the Prime Ministers thanks to the Cameron administration building a relationship with the DUP in the past. You might joke about strong and stable Tories, but due to their friendly relations with the DUP in the past, they are still in power.

The Tories thought they might have needed their support after the 2015 General Election when they were led by Cameron, but on that occasion there wasn't a hung Parliament. Surprise, surprise two years later the Tories needed the support of the DUP and Mrs May is still the Prime Ministers thanks to the Cameron administration building a relationship with the DUP in the past. You might joke about strong and stable Tories, but due to their friendly relations with the DUP in the past, they are still in power.

and however you big it up, like penis says they hold all the aces, and mays government looks weaker and weaker as the days pass on brexit, already one concession, almost another with ireland...how many more.

definitely no cake and eating it, more like the big kids have stolen all the cakes off us