The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

I disagree - a lie is a lie. It cannot be unsaid.

I agree and the same goes for the Remain lies as well.

As a staunch remainer who has already suffered financially due to the misled minority (the leavers) I will do anything I can to have a third referendum and reverse the suicidal direction that the second one took us in.

As a staunch Leaver who has not suffered financially ;) I accept the decision to leave in the same way as I would have accepted the decision to remain. Unfortunately for you its the markets that have dictated what has happened since the vote and not the voters so blame them as when you lose its the markets that gain.

I will do anything I can to have a third referendum and reverse the suicidal direction that the second one took us in.

Good luck with that because neither the Tories nor Labour have any appetite of plunging the country into a constitutional crisis. We are leaving the European Union and there will not be another referendum.

But don't despair - the vast majority of arrangements we currently have with the EU will actually just remain intact, albeit re-packaged and re-branded.

Unfortunately for you its the markets that have dictated what has happened since the vote and not the voters so blame them as when you lose its the markets that gain.

would Sterling have dropped 20% overnight if Sir Nige’ lost the referendum vote?

would Sterling have dropped 20% overnight if Sir Nige’ lost the referendum vote?

20%? Is that another remain lie? I though it was around 10%.

But this is what it is now..

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/pound-sterling-latest-exchange-rates-us-dollar-euro-uk-interest-rate-rise-economic-growth-a8019221.html

better-than-expected growth

Its that line that puzzles me. Better than who expected?

Growth has been 1.3% for the previous 2 quarters, and now its risen to 1.4% - BIG DEAL. Maybe it could be revised, at a later date.

As they did say on the follow-up on BBC news, a few years ago we could have expected double or even triple that figure.

Please stop embarrassing yourself and tarring other remain voters with the same brush.

What I thought would happen is happening, so I don't feel overly embarrassed but thanks for the sentiment :D

It's very sad and soul destroying that some remain voters still keep trying to twist the facts long after the referendum result.

No twisting required, the £350 claim (in all it's forms) was nothing short of a plain faced lie.

I disagree - a lie is a lie. It cannot be unsaid.

Doesn't seem to be stopping some people trying though ;)

As a staunch Leaver who has not suffered financially ;)

Go on... pull the other one.....

1st comment says it all:-

"Still lower than any time in the last decade pre-June 2016. Hardly soaring. Is this the kind of positive reporting Brexiteers want. Exaggeration and delusion."

Edited by Magilla

Please stop embarrassing yourself and tarring other remain voters with the same brush.

In what way is he embarrasing himself?

His response to you looks quite reasonable and thought out.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/lord-mayor-andrew-parmley-brexit-jobs-city-of-london-2017-10?r=US&IR=T

This is getting serious. Clients we’ve been working with are preparing their 2018-19 budgets right now, and most are very advanced. Serious amounts of contingency funds are being set aside and if the government doesn’t take this seriously there will be some huge announcements in first 3 months of 2018.

We’re not just dealing with clients at banks, but other sectors too. And we’re not just dealing with clients in London but all across the country.

Brexit is a massive act of self-harm. Nothing less. Businesses are exasperated by all this nonsense.

The most complete conversion since Paul on the road to Damascus. Well done.

I just respect the referendum result and the wishes of the people who voted to leave. Hardly a complete conversion when I was borderline.

As a staunch remainer who has already suffered financially due to the misled minority (the leavers) I will do anything I can to have a third referendum and reverse the suicidal direction that the second one took us in.

It brings joy to my heart to read that a remainer has 'suffered' financially thanks to the referendum vote which went against the clear wishes of Goldman Sachs.

As the vast majority of those who voted to remain in the undemocratic EU were affluent middle-class liberals I'm sure that some financial 'suffering' will help them to understand, just a little perhaps, of how the working class and the underclass have been suffering under the rule of the EU overlords for many, many years.

Massively increased competition for unskilled/low-skilled employment. Massively increased competition for housing, healthcare, education etc. Competition is good for the lower economic sections of society!

No surprise though that some remainers still don't want to accept the democratic outcome of the vote and will "do anything" to implement the will of Goldman Sachs.

Edited by Car Boot

It brings joy to my heart to read that a remainer has 'suffered' financially thanks to the referendum vote which went against the clear wishes of Goldman Sachs.

A nose/face sorta thing? ;)

As the vast majority of those who voted to remain in the undemocratic EU were affluent middle-class liberals I'm sure that some financial 'suffering' will help them to understand, just a little perhaps, of how the working class and the underclass have been suffering under the rule of the EU overlords for many, many years.

Be careful what you wish for, the affluent middle-class are better placed to edure any suffering, the working class can't.

Massively increased competition for unskilled/low-skilled employment. Massively increased competition for housing, healthcare, education etc. Competition is good for the lower economic sections of society!

The results of failures by successive UK governments, not the fault of the EU.

When these things continue unabated after we leave, who're you going to blame then?

No surprise though that some remainers still don't want to accept the democratic outcome of the vote and will "do anything" to implement the will of Goldman Sachs.

Your posts are a bit like reading Pravda back in the 80's! "EU Overlords!" LOL :loopy:

Like all those claims you made about the BBC, easily disproved ;)

Never ceases to amaze, considering the resources at your fingertips, that you could be so consistantly ill-informed time and time again on such a wide array of subjects.

Edited by Magilla

Be careful what you wish for, the affluent middle-class can edure this suffering, the working class can't.

Many are doing quite well out of it. The fall in the pound means their stocks and shares are worth more - which counteracts more expensive imports. Few of the working class have benefited from that.

Meanwhile, back in glorious world of brexit that's going to be so good for the working class: Toyota seeks clarity over Brexit ‘fog’ amid fears over Derbyshire plant.