The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

You are a one trick pony, who keeps going on about the £350 million NHS issue. Please explain why you keep going on about that, when it was fully debated and explained months before the referendum vote.

why is UK business lazy ?

This is the third time I asked, and all I’ve got in return is insults

Which is not a problem for me, but I don’t want you running off crying to the Mods or your mummy if I respond in the same way :)

Perhaps its a phrase used by Tories to explain bad results, it couldn't possibly be the fault of Conservative policy?

This is the third time I asked, and all I’ve got in return is insults

Which is not a problem for me, but I don’t want you running off crying to the Mods or your mummy if I respond in the same way :)

I'll field that one. Perhaps some UK business's are guilty of being a bit lazy by operating in the comfort zone of the EU single market and not exploring new horizons.

I'll field that one. Perhaps some UK business's are guilty of being a bit lazy by operating in the comfort zone of the EU single market and not exploring new horizons.

so instead of dealing with one set of rules and regulations for a single trading zone such as, I don’t know, the EU, these lazy UK businessss should risk time, effort and money dealing with dozens more sets of red tape and bureaucracy to enter potentially smaller markets?

Actually, that’s not the daftest idea I’ve heard today.

But is it worth investing all those resources into smaller markets, when the EU is already a very large market for exports?

Why are you so dishonest? I voted remain and knew the £350 million NHS figure was just a example. Why do you try to make people believe that leave voters were stupid and expected £350 million to go to the NHS?

On 15th April, which was over 3 months before the referendum vote, Gisela Stuart who was chair of the Leave campaign stated

"Every week we send £350m to Brussels."I'd rather that we control how to spend that money, and if I had that control I would spend it on the NHS."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36040060

---------- Post added 25-10-2017 at 19:20 ----------

Exactly. It's a big World. If a normal person is made redundant, they look for a new job. If a lazy person is made redundant they complain about how bad they have been treated and how unlucky they are and stay in bed all day and don't look for a new job.

Why are you so dishonest? I voted remain and knew the £350 million NHS figure was just a example.

It wasn't an example, it's a downright plain faced lie. Always was, always will be.

Why do you try to make people believe that leave voters were stupid and expected £350 million to go to the NHS?

Plenty interviewed on Ch4 news around the time clearly did believe it.

On 15th April, which was over 3 months before the referendum vote, Gisela Stuart who was chair of the Leave campaign stated "Every week we send £350m to Brussels."I'd rather that we control how to spend that money, and if I had that control I would spend it on the NHS."

Which was entirely dishonest, they knew at that time that Brexit would cost the economy far more than that.

So far, ~3bn a week since the referendum and we haven't left yet! That's over an 8:1 ratio! Passporting alone brings in over £1bn a week, now almost certainly gone.

It doesn't matter what the "supposed" £350m a week is used for, anyone who thought we'd somehow be £350m better off by leaving clearly is a bit simple.

Edited by Magilla

It wasn't an example, it's a downright plain faced lie. Always was, always will be.

Plenty interviewed on Ch4 news around the time clearly did believe it.

Which was entirely dishonest, they knew at that time that Brexit would cost the economy far more than that.

So far, ~3bn a week since the referendum and we haven't left yet! That's over an 8:1 ratio! Passporting alone brings in over £1bn a week, now almost certainly gone.

It doesn't matter what the "supposed" £350m a week is used for, anyone who thought we'd somehow be £350m better off by leaving clearly is a bit simple.

Please stop embarrassing yourself and tarring other remain voters with the same brush.

Please stop embarrassing yourself and tarring other remain voters with the same brush.

Please stop this pathetic pretence of being a remain voter ;)

Exactly. It's a big World. If a normal person is made redundant, they look for a new job. If a lazy person is made redundant they complain about how bad they have been treated and how unlucky they are and stay in bed all day and don't look for a new job.

Bless :)

You don’t have a clue what you’re talking about, do you.

I’m sure it must be exciting for you, debating with grownups for a change, even if you are hopelessly out of your depth.

Please stop this pathetic pretence of being a remain voter ;)

No pretence at all. I admit I was borderline. Neither the leave campaign or the remain campaign persuaded me one way or the other way. I decided to vote remain because I wasn't convinced it was good for a change. I was surprised by the result but accepted the result. What is pathetic is other remain voters still keep bringing up the £350 million NHS discussion long after the result, when it was fully debated long before referendum day. It's very sad and soul destroying that some remain voters still keep trying to twist the facts long after the referendum result.

No pretence at all. I admit I was borderline. Neither the leave campaign or the remain campaign persuaded me one way or the other way. I decided to vote remain because I wasn't convinced it was good for a change. I was surprised by the result but accepted the result. What is pathetic is other remain voters still keep bringing up the £350 million NHS discussion long after the result, when it was fully debated long before referendum day. It's very sad and soul destroying that some remain voters still keep trying to twist the facts long after the referendum result.

I disagree - a lie is a lie. It cannot be unsaid.

As a staunch remainer who has already suffered financially due to the misled minority (the leavers) I will do anything I can to have a third referendum and reverse the suicidal direction that the second one took us in.

The most complete conversion since Paul on the road to Damascus. Well done.