The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Am I too optimistic to say "the truth"?

In this case yes. If he humiliated May by confirming the account then it would destroy the negotiations.

What else would he say :rolleyes:

You believe Juncker is a liar?

You believe Juncker is a liar?

You’ve got to be kidding with that question right?

After all your anti-EU rhetoric you now believe that EU bogeyman-in-chief is a paragon of virtue?

That escalated quickly :hihi:

But to answer your question anyway....he’s a politician :hihi:

Looks like Tusk is warning the EU about the effect of Brexit on them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41733429

This is in both the UK and EU's joint interest.

Tusk is essentially urging the remaining EU27 is to maintain the status quo which has been the EU's mantra for the last couple of decades.

The last thing anyone wants now is political divergance during the negotiations.

Who are the hardline factors,what are the names of the influential personalities and what are their ideological reasons?

Our biggest problem is Germany, they hold the keys to the European Union and Merkel has made it clear she's not ready to progress any further until she has formed her coalition government which she hopes to do by December.

In the meantime both the UK and EU have to keep the kids entertained whilst mother Merkel redies her government. Merkel was courteous enough to wait for us whilst we formed a new government, and now we're returning the favour.

Like I said previously once the 3Ms are locked in and safe, progress will start to be made.

Everything else is just political theatre.

You’ve got to be kidding with that question right?

After all your anti-EU rhetoric you now believe that EU bogeyman-in-chief is a paragon of virtue?

That escalated quickly :hihi:

But to answer your question anyway....he’s a politician :hihi:

I voted to remain, but accept leave won. I am 100% behind leave now and support our own Government in the EU negotiations. Good answer to the question.

You voted by that approach. Being a hypocrite much?

how am I a hypocrite? Sorry I just remembered I asked you a question before and you didn't have the decency to reply

Edited by hackey lad

This is in both the UK and EU's joint interest.

Tusk is essentially urging the remaining EU27 is to maintain the status quo which has been the EU's mantra for the last couple of decades.

The last thing anyone wants now is political divergance during the negotiations.

Our biggest problem is Germany, they hold the keys to the European Union and Merkel has made it clear she's not ready to progress any further until she has formed her coalition government which she hopes to do by December.

In the meantime both the UK and EU have to keep the kids entertained whilst mother Merkel redies her government. Merkel was courteous enough to wait for us whilst we formed a new government, and now we're returning the favour.

Like I said previously once the 3Ms are locked in and safe, progress will start to be made.

Everything else is just political theatre.

So from the hardline factors,influential personalities,ideological reasons,all you can come up with is Merkel,who said exactly what last week to back up what you are saying about them not wanting Brexit agreement deal?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10/20/angela-merkel-says-has-no-doubt-brexit-deal-will-secured/

Angela Merkel says there is 'zero indication' Brexit talks will fail

Edited by chalga

Angela Merkel says there is 'zero indication' Brexit talks will fail

Come on now, do you really think the Germans are going to publicly say anything to the contrary? The Germans do not want to be seen as Europe's pre-eminant power, and this has been the secret to their success of turning the European Union into their back garden. It's why many in diplo circles refer to the EU as Merkel's empire or the "Germanic Union". It's why so many of our friends on the continent are worried about being gobbled up by Germany without Great Britain being there to act as a political counterweight.

The position we're in today of not being able to make progress is a result of Berlin's influence on Brussels. Berlin is insisting that London pays a price for leaving the EU, and so far they have been successful preventing further movement on Brexit negotiations. If you were shocked by the bear hugs and kisses between May/Junker its because you haven't got your ear to the ground.

We always knew Germany would be our biggest problem, it's why we dispatched the royals to German in a charm offensive. It clearly hasn't paid off.