The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

du, no it is the most closed trading area, how can you say it is open to others freely, other than the 27 members

---------- Post added 22-10-2017 at 00:09 ----------

I1L2T3

guess you're looking for a backup?

The EU is the world’s largest trading bloc. As we are currently within it, we are enjoying the benefits of tariff free trade. It is absolutely ridiculous that ANYONE can think that leaving such an arrangement and moving to WTO rules which is what a hard Brexit will bring is a good idea.

The people advocating a hard Brexit really have no idea what they are talking about. As I have stated earlier, the former head of the WTO himself said that the economy will suffer significant damage and job losses if we moved to a tariff based economy. Now I know you guys don’t like listening to “experts”, but you tell me who would know the rules better than the person who used the run the organisation.

Not the first line , the rest of your statement . I never said you didn't have a democratic right to oppose the government , I asked you why you couldn't support the government ,seeing as you are neither Labour or Tory , but you spend a lot of time tory bashing and labour get a free hand

Great. I do have the right to oppose the government so let me get on with it.

Could I support a government implementing Brexit? Yes of course. Can I support this one? No. May is weak and the people she has assigned the task to are rabidly hard Brexit.

Labour get a free hand from me right now because they are not in power, but Corbyns vision for Brexit scares me just as much. I’d oppose that too unless they were implementing a sensible transition.

Nigel Farage speaking at Liberty Nation says Brexit was a two-finger salute to the globalists, the JP Morgans of this world, and the political elites.

Our slick former Prime Minister David Cameron did his best to shove IMF chiefs and world leaders in front of the microphone to persuade the British public to vote a certain way and it all backfired in spectacular fashion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM43pXyJgto

Nigel Farage speaking at Liberty Nation says Brexit was a two-finger salute to the globalists, the JP Morgans of this world, and the political elites.

Our slick former Prime Minister David Cameron did his best to shove IMF chiefs and world leaders in front of the microphone to persuade the British public to vote a certain way and it all backfired in spectacular fashion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM43pXyJgto

He must be disappointed that The Brexit process has been captured by ultra-globalists.

Why isn’t he opposing them?

He must be disappointed that The Brexit process has been captured by ultra-globalists.

correct - this is the million dollar question as far as I am concerned. Oh wait, it is more like a trillion dollar question... :help:

Because you can't have it both ways. You can't claim democracy is broken when the result doesn't align with your political leanings, and then fly the flag for democracy when it does!

Of course he'd rather see UKIP in government but Nigel accepts that the Tories are the victors here, they won over 1 million more votes than Labour at the last GE and are therefore the party in govermnet and delivering on Brexit.

Brexit has turned British politics on its head. All the parties are now being viewed through the prism of Brexit, and where you stand on Brexit now informs how you align yourself politically.

Once Brexit is signed, sealed, and delivered you can expect another shakeup in British politics.

correct - this is the million dollar question as far as I am concerned. Oh wait, it is more like a trillion dollar question... :help:

Maybe because it’s not just about economics.

Farage’s actions promote regional and possibly global instability. Putin - if he had planned this - couldn’t have planned it better.

---------- Post added 22-10-2017 at 11:05 ----------

Because you can't have it both ways. You can't claim democracy is broken when the result doesn't align with your political leanings, and then fly the flag for democracy when it does!

Of course he'd rather see UKIP in government but Nigel accepts that the Tories are the victors here, they won over 1 million more votes than Labour at the last GE and are therefore the party in govermnet and delivering on Brexit.

Brexit has turned British politics on its head. All the parties are now being viewed through the prism of Brexit, and where you stand on Brexit now informs how you align yourself politically.

Once Brexit is signed, sealed, and delivered you can expect another shakeup in British politics.

I never claimed democracy was broken. If I believed that I wouldn’t be supporting use of our democratic and legal process to oppose the way Brexit is being handled. In the case of the referendum I’d argue our decomcracy was subverted, by both sides. It should have been based on education, information and sensible debate to help people make an informed choice. We all know what happened, what both sides of the debate did.

I agree with you actually that there will be a shake-up. Possibly not the one that Fox etc... want. I think there will be huge anger and you have to ask how the hard Brexiters think they can contain that if they get what they want. Conversely if we soft Brexit then the scale of incoherent anger will be something to behold - it’d be like telling 17m adult toddlers they can’t have a new toy.

Edited by I1L2T3

Maybe because it’s not just about economics

No <removed> Sherlock! Has the penny just dropped?

What do you think drives economic theory? I'll give you a clue, it starts with a P.

I cant wait for Brexit.

If we stop all benefits payments for EU citizens then i'll be able to buy a really cheap house in Page Hall when they all leave.

:thumbsup:

I cant wait for Brexit.

If we stop all benefits payments for EU citizens then i'll be able to buy a really cheap house in Page Hall when they all leave.

:thumbsup:

I don't think benefits for British citizens will go up, besides, you can already buy a really cheap house in Page Hall as things stand, which essentially means you don't want to because you think EU-trash is worse than UK-trash - there is a word for that, I won't need to say it though.

EU-trash is worse than UK-trash - there is a word for that, I won't need to say it though.

I guess the word is Trash

Maybe as part of our Brexit talks we can agree to send all our unemployed to Romania to claim benefits.

Not sure they'd be happy about that though

I guess the word is Trash

Maybe as part of our Brexit talks we can agree to send all our unemployed to Romania to claim benefits.

Not sure they'd be happy about that though

So what you are saying is that all unemployed are trash and there is no room for them after Brexit?