The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

There's no coherent argument for hard Brexit, and I'm sure you fully realise that by now.

You've never been able to make one. And after seeming to be quite a level-headed poster you've now resorted to goading.

What a mess this country is in.

Well that's rich, these posts are full of insult and accusation levelled at Leave and I'm to accept that gracefully.

I don't have to make an argument do I, brexit in whatever form it takes will unfold as it happens and the consequences of it will be revealed. Until that point YOU can only speculate and report what is readily available from the media anyway.

Well that's rich, these posts are full of insult and accusation levelled at Leave and I'm to accept that gracefully.

Go on, point out an insult. There is a fair bit of astute observation, and perhaps you've taken on insults by association, but there has been little, if any actual insults that I have noticed.

I don't have to make an argument do I...

Of course not. We here are all happy to agree that your vote was based on emotional idiocy and without a trace of any sound basis.

I don't have to make an argument do I, brexit in whatever form it takes will unfold as it happens and the consequences of it will be revealed. Until that point YOU can only speculate and report what is readily available from the media anyway.

We're back to Brexit means Brexit then.:hihi:

We're back to Brexit means Brexit then.:hihi:

Brexit' doesn't mean anything does it other than Britains exit.

---------- Post added 03-08-2017 at 10:53 ----------

Go on, point out an insult. There is a fair bit of astute observation, and perhaps you've taken on insults by association, but there has been little, if any actual insults that I have noticed.

Of course not. We here are all happy to agree that your vote was based on emotional idiocy and without a trace of any sound basis.

So you're saying that of the four thousand odd posts that make up the 'consequences' fiasco that there are no insults or accusations, not even in Latin :)

We could have an acronym competition.

Bloody Ridiculous EXodus Into Tyranny?

So you're saying that of the four thousand odd posts that make up the 'consequences' fiasco that there are no insults or accusations, not even in Latin :)

There is the odd one or two, but that is a far cry from:

Well that's rich, these posts are full of insult and accusation.

We could have an acronym competition.

Bloody Ridiculous EXodus Into Tyranny?

There is the odd one or two, but that is a far cry from:

Splitting hairs 'H

There's plenty of different Brexits/exits,even the ones negotiating it can't seem to agree on which one they are going to go for,or which one they are going to get,we've known for months that Brexit voters are not all going to get the Brexit they want,so which model are you wanting?,go into detail because there are plenty of details to be sorted as we can see by the talks so far,or is your above reply the sum total of what Brexiters have now been reduced to?

There's plenty of different Brexits/exits,even the ones negotiating it can't seem to agree on which one they are going to go for,or which one they are going to get,we've known for months that Brexit voters are not all going to get the Brexit they want,so which model are you wanting?,go into detail because there are plenty of details to be sorted as we can see by the talks so far,or is your above reply the sum total of what Brexiters have now been reduced to?

I voted leave pure and simple

Edited by esme
quote tags

But that doesn't stop my enjoyment does it.

I voted out and out won so yes I have and this succession of threads confirms my decision. You've been arguing your point for I don't know how many posts now, 3-4 thousand maybe more and it's done nothing to make me think otherwise, the opposite in fact.

Reminds me of when I was a kid... when it was proved beyond doubt that smoking causes cancer, some people still wouldn't have it and said they were going to increase their smoking to prove all those scientists wrong.

That sounds a bit like your post TBH.

I barely read them, I rarely open the links because it's a tired argument.

Nah, the arguments are becoming truer by the day.

Any validity you may have had was lost a long time ago.

How so, by being shown to be correct?

In short, I'm not listening because there's nothing to hear.

I'm not listening, I'm not listening... See smoking analogy above ;)

There's plenty of different Brexits/exits,even the ones negotiating it can't seem to agree on which one they are going to go for,or which one they are going to get,we've known for months that Brexit voters are not all going to get the Brexit they want,so which model are you wanting?,go into detail because there are plenty of details to be sorted as we can see by the talks so far,or is your above reply the sum total of what Brexiters have now been reduced to?[/quote

I voted leave pure and simple

Yep,that's what it's been reduced to,no detail whatsoever.

What's happening here is that Davis and co are paralysed by fear of doing something wrong in the negotiations.so they are doing barely nothing,they don't even want to be there,having being pushed by voters,Farage and the Tory right like a skinny boxer being pushed into the ring to face a bruiser with the Brexiteers shouting in the crowd to go and hit him,Davis doesn't know whether to try and make friends or go in swinging,so nothing.

You might as well have put Farage in,at least he would have come out with some insane deal that he would have claimed as a victory and got all the hard Brexit mob cheering until reality started setting in.

Edited by chalga

I understand the kickback from people at the bottom of the pile, in areas that have been left to rot by successive governments. If you're in middlesborough or Mansfield and you see a lot of immigrants who appear to have a job or better job than you I can understand them lashing out. I get that. I disagree with some of their reasoning but I get it.

Do you get the supply and demand point?

"Supply and demand is perhaps one of the most fundamental concepts of economics and it is the backbone of a market economy."

If you increase the supply of low skilled workers .......

If you increase the numbers seeking homes ........

Read more: Law of Supply and Demand: Basic Economics http://www.investopedia.com/university/economics/economics3.asp#ixzz4ogkzBNE0

Follow us: Investopedia on Facebook