The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Not really sad for non-Wrexiteers is it?

It's good because there may be signs the insanity will end.

---------- Post added 02-08-2017 at 17:45 ----------

Cool for them, double celebration.[/quote

Insanity is part of our destiny, how else will you be able to define yourselves as sane, you need us, and we need you, but only in small numbers coz you have no adventure in you :D

No we don't need you. Many of you actively want to damage the economy, and many of you don't care if your families are damaged by Brexit. That's insanity.

---------- Post added 02-08-2017 at 21:35 ----------

If you happen to have a globalist mindset, much of Brexit will make little sense to you. You will forever be scratching your head and asking yourself why has the UK voted against its own economic interests?

Now if you're pot-smoking lefty of course you're going to start with an economic argument simply because you can't 'see' the sacrality of values on right.

For example you'll struggle with the notion of patriotism or the idea of the nation state being sacrosanct. Intellectually you'll understand this, but emotionally you'll struggle to connect.

Name a major western country that has actively damaged its own economy in pursuit of those ideals.

It doesn't happen because there is always a balance to these things that ensures that the economy is protected.

That is until Brexit started to happen.

It's unprecedented.

The media yes but they're handy to quote from when it suits eh!

I look forward to the next one, humour keeps us feeling good and this thread is full of laughs, thanks Remain.

I always look forward to the next one,and one of the Right Wing Rags always comes up with the goods,just like this gem.You can't just help but laugh at the headline alone,given what they had said previously about NOT having checks......the thought of the Brexiteers shaking their little fists and stamping their little feet at the thought of poor Brits being held up at EU airports doubles the laugh factor,thanks Daily Right Wing Rag.

---------- Post added 02-08-2017 at 20:47 ----------

If you happen to have a globalist mindset, much of Brexit will make little sense to you. You will forever be scratching your head and asking yourself why has the UK voted against its own economic interests?

Now if you're pot-smoking lefty of course you're going to start with an economic argument simply because you can't 'see' the sacrality of values on right.

For example you'll struggle with the notion of patriotism or the idea of the nation state being sacrosanct. Intellectually you'll understand this, but emotionally you'll struggle to connect.

I think anybody would be struggling to understand the Brexit notion of patriotism which appears to be cut your nose off to spite your face,according to the YouGov survey.

Problem is all those people who claim to dislike globalisation so much are fully committed globalists when it comes to them being consumers. A perfect example of this is that in order to help sell their UK manufactured own brand consumer electronics products Dixons/Currys tricked people into thinking they were Japanese.

Matsui - Introduced in the 1980s by Currys as a brand for its consumer electronics goods assembled in the United Kingdom using imported components. Products in the Matsui line involved neither Japanese parts nor Japanese labour, but were branded with a Japanese-sounding name, a rising sun symbol and the motto Japanese Technology Made Perfect.[34] In December 1988, a British government consumer protection agency charged Currys with misleading advertising.

I always look forward to the next one,and one of the Right Wing Rags always comes up with the goods,just like this gem.You can't just help but laugh at the headline alone,given what they had said previously about NOT having checks......the thought of the Brexiteers shaking their little fists and stamping their little feet at the thought of poor Brits being held up at EU airports doubles the laugh factor,thanks Daily Right Wing Rag.

It'll calm down in due course. Me, I've always took delays as a part of the holiday experience, and newspapers are for wrapping fish n' chips.

I don't mind what happens now, all these tails of woe float past on the breeze, I skim through these posts, some I read in full, others are just too long winded.

I voted leave and I'm happy to have won, the rest is up to others now.

80% of the population are not prepared to leave the EU if it means significant economic harm...

But that 80% is not well represented in the Cabinet.

It'll calm down in due course. Me, I've always took delays as a part of the holiday experience, and newspapers are for wrapping fish n' chips.

I don't mind what happens now, all these tails of woe float past on the breeze, I skim through these posts, some I read in full, others are just too long winded.

http://newsthump.com/2017/08/02/tighter-border-controls-should-not-apply-when-im-going-on-holiday-insists-angry-brexiter/

Not to worry,there's another laugh here.

Thank you for replying.

I understand the kickback against globisation - I don't see how brexit will even get close to unravelling that, in fact I'd say it will make it worse. You don't think it will result eventually in a lurch to the left, in a big burst of nationalisation do you? The economy will need resetting in one way after the dust has settled I suppose. Labour aren't in charge though.

I fully understand the notion of patriotism. Do you feel more patriotic now we're leaving? Was your patriotism curtailed by the EU? Mine absolutely wasn't. Are you wanting a country with a more nationalist driven government? What are the benefits? How will that keep a roof over your head or food on the table? Doesn't the well being of family trump love of country?

If you understand the kickback you understand Brexit.

What you're witnessing is Britain's manifestation of that populist backlash against globalisation. It was two finger salute to the status quo. At it's core Brexit has very little to do with the EU.

If your intuition says globalisation is meaningless, you will have voted Leave.

You haven't won anything except a dogs dinner. I'd say enjoy eating it but the problem is we've all got to eat it.

If you understand the kickback you understand Brexit.

What you're witnessing is Britain's manifestation of that populist backlash against globalisation. It was two finger salute to the status quo. At it's core Brexit has very little to do with the EU.

If your intuition says globalisation is meaningless, you will have voted Leave.

I understand the kickback from people at the bottom of the pile, in areas that have been left to rot by successive governments. If you're in middlesborough or Mansfield and you see a lot of immigrants who appear to have a job or better job than you I can understand them lashing out. I get that. I disagree with some of their reasoning but I get it.

The bit I don't get is where people are quite prepared to lose that job, to lose that bit of stability that governments have failed to provide. For what? Is Great Yarmouth suddenly going to see a huge upswing in fortune?

You haven't won anything except a dogs dinner. I'd say enjoy eating it but the problem is we've all got to eat it.

But that doesn't stop my enjoyment does it.

I voted out and out won so yes I have and this succession of threads confirms my decision. You've been arguing your point for I don't know how many posts now, 3-4 thousand maybe more and it's done nothing to make me think otherwise, the opposite in fact. I barely read them, I rarely open the links because it's a tired argument. Any validity you may have had was lost a long time ago.

In short, I'm not listening because there's nothing to hear. It's just a bit of fun to comment, which is what it should be :D

(Again, you and your are generalisations)

But that doesn't stop my enjoyment does it.

I voted out and out won so yes I have and this succession of threads confirms my decision. You've been arguing your point for I don't know how many posts now, 3-4 thousand maybe more and it's done nothing to make me think otherwise, the opposite in fact. I barely read them, I rarely open the links because it's a tired argument. Any validity you may have had was lost a long time ago.

In short, I'm not listening because there's nothing to hear. It's just a bit of fun to comment, which is what it should be :D

(Again, you and your are generalisations)

There's no coherent argument for hard Brexit, and I'm sure you fully realise that by now.

You've never been able to make one. And after seeming to be quite a level-headed poster you've now resorted to goading.

What a mess this country is in.