The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

http://money.cnn.com/2017/08/01/news/economy/brexit-economy-voters-yougov-survey/index.html

When the 'patriot' card comes out,just remember this,these are the ones who are prepared to do the UK damage for their principles,when they talk about the EU 'wanting the UK to fail' when it comes to Brexit,these are the ones that are prepared to let the UK fail.

Many Brits are prepared to pay an extreme price in order to leave the European Union.

Three out of five people who voted to leave in June 2016 regard "significant damage to the British economy to be a price worth paying" for Brexit, according to a new survey by YouGov.

The poll of nearly 5,000 people also showed that 39% of Brexit supporters think that it would be worth losing their job -- or having a family member lose theirs -- in order to leave the EU.

Edited by chalga

Interestingly, the majority of those "significant damage is okay" respondents, are retired and own their own homes outright... Which starts to sound a lot more like "I'm okay jack"...

Oh, and 39% of 52% is 20% of the population. So that's 80% that don't see significant economic damage as acceptable.

80% of the population are not prepared to leave the EU if it means significant economic harm... That's a very different statement isn't it.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/08/01/news/economy/brexit-economy-voters-yougov-survey/index.html

When the 'patriot' card comes out,just remember this,these are the ones who are prepared to do the UK damage for their principles,when they talk about the EU 'wanting the UK to fail' when it comes to Brexit,these are the ones that are prepared to let the UK fail.

Many Brits are prepared to pay an extreme price in order to leave the European Union.

Three out of five people who voted to leave in June 2016 regard "significant damage to the British economy to be a price worth paying" for Brexit, according to a new survey by YouGov.

The poll of nearly 5,000 people also showed that 39% of Brexit supporters think that it would be worth losing their job -- or having a family member lose theirs -- in order to leave the EU.

Why????

I dont get it. I can only put it down to complete indoctrination by the likes of the daily mail. "Yes mr Yougov, Im quite prepared to lose my job to it stick to the Eu".

Please, if anyone shares those views can you explain why?

My word, that is sad.

The generation that had it all first hoovers up the wealth, pulls up the drawbridge, then wantonly rains down an economic crapstorm on everybody else.

It makes no difference,when the attacks happened,Brexiteers used them as a stick to beat the EU with for making it easy for them to cross borders,Brexiteers also want borders re instated,with of course,all the resulting checks.Now the EU are doing it,guess who the whingers are ,yep,the anti EU right wing media,moaning about delays to Brits.............get the UK out of the EU,ASAP.

The media yes but they're handy to quote from when it suits eh!

I look forward to the next one, humour keeps us feeling good and this thread is full of laughs, thanks Remain.

---------- Post added 02-08-2017 at 17:33 ----------

My word, that is sad.

The generation that had it all first hoovers up the wealth, pulls up the drawbridge, then wantonly rains down an economic crapstorm on everybody else.

No, sad is when no one from leave is commenting and yet you all still chunter on to one another.

No, sad is when no one from leave is commenting and yet you all still chunter on to one another.

Not really sad for non-Wrexiteers is it?

It's good because there may be signs the insanity will end.

---------- Post added 02-08-2017 at 17:45 ----------

More so at Fortnum & Mason http://www.bing.com/search?q=fortnum+and+mason+christmas+shop&FORM=QSRE1 where the Xmas shop is already open.

In August.

Cool for them, double celebration.

Not really sad for non-Wrexiteers is it?

It's good because there may be signs the insanity will end.

---------- Post added 02-08-2017 at 17:45 ----------

Cool for them, double celebration.[/quote

Insanity is part of our destiny, how else will you be able to define yourselves as sane, you need us, and we need you, but only in small numbers coz you have no adventure in you :D

Why????

I dont get it. I can only put it down to complete indoctrination by the likes of the daily mail. "Yes mr Yougov, Im quite prepared to lose my job to it stick to the Eu".

Please, if anyone shares those views can you explain why?

If you happen to have a globalist mindset, much of Brexit will make little sense to you. You will forever be scratching your head and asking yourself why has the UK voted against its own economic interests?

Now if you're pot-smoking lefty of course you're going to start with an economic argument simply because you can't 'see' the sacrality of values on right.

For example you'll struggle with the notion of patriotism or the idea of the nation state being sacrosanct. Intellectually you'll understand this, but emotionally you'll struggle to connect.

If you happen to have a globalist mindset, much of Brexit will make little sense to you. You will forever be scratching your head and asking yourself why has the UK voted against its own economic interests?

Now if you're pot-smoking lefty of course you're going to start with an economic argument simply because you can't 'see' the sacrality of values on right.

For example you'll struggle with the notion of patriotism or the idea of the nation state being sacrosanct. Intellectually you'll understand this, but emotionally you'll struggle to connect.

Thank you for replying.

I understand the kickback against globisation - I don't see how brexit will even get close to unravelling that, in fact I'd say it will make it worse. You don't think it will result eventually in a lurch to the left, in a big burst of nationalisation do you? The economy will need resetting in one way after the dust has settled I suppose. Labour aren't in charge though.

I fully understand the notion of patriotism. Do you feel more patriotic now we're leaving? Was your patriotism curtailed by the EU? Mine absolutely wasn't. Are you wanting a country with a more nationalist driven government? What are the benefits? How will that keep a roof over your head or food on the table? Doesn't the well being of family trump love of country?

Have I got this straight, you can only be a patriot if you believe that your country must stand alone, and not form an agreement with other countries for mutual advantage?

Being a patriot means that agreeing to cooperate with other nations is a form of betrayal of the sacred nature of nationalism?

In which case how do you explain The United Kingdom?

England,Ireland,Scotland and Wales in one Union?

Presumably, given your views you were entirely sympathetic to the aims of the IRA?

After all, wasn't that what they wanted, to stand alone, without another country interfering with their nations destiny?

' We declare the right of the people of Ireland to the ownership of Ireland and to the unfettered control of Irish destinies, to be sovereign and indefeasible '

Proclamation of the Irish Republic 1916.

Given that the imposition of British rule in Ireland was by force of arms,against the will of the people and not by a political agreement ratified by referendum and including the right to exit without warfare, then surely you must agree that the IRA had a far more understandable reason to fight for freedom?

Or are you under the impression that patriotism is uniquely confined to the English?

And are you incapable of understanding the opposing view, that voting to leave the most successful Trade Bloc in the World is going to damage this country's future prosperity and is therefore against the country's interests and therefore traitorous, even if unintentionally so?