Wild swimming spots around sheffield?

Hello everyone!

I'm huge fan of wild swimming. I've been living in Sheffield for 7 years and managed to find one spot - Slippery stones in Peak district. Are there anymore spots? Mind to share?

Thanks in advance

River Derwent south of Chatsworth House. Mostly kids paddling on the rocks but I've seen people swimming topside of the weir where it's deep enough. Mind you I'm talking 50 odd year ago. :)

There's a place you can swim starkers in the river Wye, halfway between Ashford in the Water and Bakewell. It gets even wilder when the ducks start chasing you, I can tell you!

Sudocrem usually does the job.

River Derwent south of Chatsworth House. Mostly kids paddling on the rocks but I've seen people swimming topside of the weir where it's deep enough. Mind you I'm talking 50 odd year ago. :)

I remember swimming there in the mid 1950s. I don't think anyone swims there now. Maybe the fear of Weil's disease has something to do with it.

Yesterday we had a nice little swim in Crookes Valley Park near the Dam house. I'm sure the peak district has more to offer but it was still pretty nice. Plus you can have a beer in the dam house once you have dried off.

It's generally not advisable to go swimming in reservoirs so double check before you go.

Having said that there's a water activity centre on Underbank reservoir, so I'm not sure how that is any different?

Barbrook reservoir near Owler Bar and River Derwent between the Chatsworth wier and bridge are both good. The latter is better in the evening when the wardens have left; I don't believe they can legally stop you swimming there but they will try.