It is about £3/month now - but why do you say you would not recommend them?

Just they are a bit 'bulky' in their offerings and try to add all sorts of gubbins you don't need or want to make the bill increase. Fairly standard selling tactic I accept and for a low use, non-professional user they are probably v good. Their customer and tech support is actually very good.

---------- Post added 20-06-2017 at 13:24 ----------

Yes, my gmail address, there's no charge to have [email protected] picked up by [email protected]

Where it's then accessible on your phone, your PC, etc...

Why would you do this? I have domain mail and a website which I blog boringly about all things databasey (way less interesting than it sounds :hihi:). Most phones can handle various different mail platforms these days so unless you are using a strange provider I can't see why you can't simple add it in as a new mail account? Perhaps it's easier for you to have it redirected?

Just they are a bit 'bulky' in their offerings and try to add all sorts of gubbins you don't need or want to make the bill increase. Fairly standard selling tactic I accept and for a low use, non-professional user they are probably v good. Their customer and tech support is actually very good.

---------- Post added 20-06-2017 at 13:24 ----------

Why would you do this? I have domain mail and a website which I blog boringly about all things databasey (way less interesting than it sounds :hihi:). Most phones can handle various different mail platforms these days so unless you are using a strange provider I can't see why you can't simple add it in as a new mail account? Perhaps it's easier for you to have it redirected?

Yes I have several email addresses that I access via Blue Mail on my Andriod phone. It also handles my Gmail emails.

I'm using Google Apps for it. Or at least, that's what it used to be called. It's the thing that used to be free; but then they started charging new sign-ups for the service.

If you're paying to host a website anyway, why not just use that server for Email too, it's normally included in your hosting package.

Yes, my gmail address, there's no charge to have [email protected] picked up by [email protected]

Where it's then accessible on your phone, your PC, etc...

Okay. But when you send an email, does it go from [email protected] picked up by [email protected]?

Also, can you please let me know how you set this up, because when I looked this up on Google, they offered it free for the first 14 days but would charge £2.99 per month thereafter.

---------- Post added 20-06-2017 at 19:44 ----------

If you're paying to host a website anyway, why not just use that server for Email too, it's normally included in your hosting package.

If you've bought a domain, say http://www.themandarin.co.uk then it should come with mail so you can have [email protected]

I have bought the domain, but the domain provider will charge me an additional monthly fee for providing the email services. This is true for most major domain providers (GoDaddy, 1and1 to name a few)

There's nothing more unprofessional looking than having a nice appropriate web address but a generic third party email.

I completely agree, which is why I am looking for options.

Edited by the_mandarin

Common problem using mail that comes with the hosting provider are as follows:

1) Mail is deleted after X days

2) Storage limits

3) Alias limits

4) Attachment limits

You will probably find in most cases that you are given low limits so that they can charge additional fee to increase them.

You could pop the mail to get around problem 1 and 2.

I don't think there is an acceptable free solution. I looked for some time. Eventually I bought a domain from one company then purchase email only hosting from easyspace. You WILL need to raise a support ticket with easyspace to get it working, and I am slightly suspicious of the security at easyspace since when I bought the email hosting package they sent me an email which included the full plaintext password I used when opening the account several months earlier. The email is working fine.

If I was buying email hosting today I would probably choose hostinguk, who charge £1.66 per month for 25 mailboxes and 25GB email storage.

If I was buying email hosting today I would probably choose hostinguk, who charge £1.66 per month for 25 mailboxes and 25GB email storage.

Just checked out hostinguk.net and whatever they offer for £1.66 is good value for money. The biggest plus point would be that they offer 25 mailboxes for that price. Thanks Andy :)

Because I pay for the domain registration and nothing else, no mail hosting, no website.

---------- Post added 21-06-2017 at 09:06 ----------

Okay. But when you send an email, does it go from [email protected] picked up by [email protected]?

Also, can you please let me know how you set this up, because when I looked this up on Google, they offered it free for the first 14 days but would charge £2.99 per month thereafter.

---------- Post added 20-06-2017 at 19:44 ----------

I have bought the domain, but the domain provider will charge me an additional monthly fee for providing the email services. This is true for most major domain providers (GoDaddy, 1and1 to name a few)

I completely agree, which is why I am looking for options.

Perhaps as Waldo said they've started charging new sign ups :(

I can set my sent email to be whatever I like of course.