I have recently registered my domain, and am now looking for a provider for a business email address ([email protected])

Any recommendations, please :help:

Thanks in advance :)

Hello,

Check out zoho email. They offer custom email boxes for free (and extra features are paid of course).

Thanks

Thanks, I did. But it is their customer service that has let them down. Most reviews complain about this (http://fitsmallbusiness.com/zoho-reviews/) and when you are reliant on cloud for your emails, I think it is fair to expect Customer service to be knowledgeable about their product.

Reviews are always going to be bias because disgruntled customers will go out of their way to post a bad review whereas someone who is satisfied with the service will ever rarely ever give reviews.

Dismissing this company based on 42 reviews when they have customer base of 5 Million is grossly unfair.

I haven't had a problem with zoho mail that I setup for a client and I would quiet happily use it myself if the needs arrises.

I personally use gmail for this instead but that was free from years ago.

Reviews are always going to be bias because disgruntled customers will go out of their way to post a bad review whereas someone who is satisfied with the service will ever rarely ever give reviews.

That is a fair point. I did consider GMail, but they now charge about £3.60/user/month

I think GoDaddy offer this for a few quid a year. I wouldn't normally recommend them but might suit in your case.

I think GoDaddy offer this for a few quid a year. I wouldn't normally recommend them but might suit in your case.

It is about £3/month now - but why do you say you would not recommend them?

I have all my mail delivered to my google address, there's no charge (or at least I pay no charge) for that.

I have all my mail delivered to my google address, there's no charge (or at least I pay no charge) for that.

By google address, do you mean [email protected], or are you referring to a customised email that Google provides (I'd surprised if that was at no charge)

Yes but surely you have to pay someone to host your domain in the first place? What advantage is there in having email picked up by gmail rather than using the server on which the domain is hosted?

@the_mandarin - why not ask your ISP if they can host the domain? That works for me. Server Centre in Nottingham might do this quite cheaply (circa £2.50 pm) but they use open source webmail - Horde, RoundCube, Squirrel.