Billy Connolly knighted ?

So the foul mouthed comedian? Billy Connolly has been knighted .

Is this the same man that declared that the jihad group who kidnapped Ken Bigley should just get on and behead him as he (connolly) was sick of hearing about it.

The audience jeered him to which he replied in his usual manner telling them to ---- --.

Bigley was beheaded on the 7th of Oct 2004 after weeks of being tortured.

All shown on line.

Connolly must be well in with the Royals to receive the highest accolade perhaps Charles thinks he is funny.

So the foul mouthed comedian? Billy Connolly has been knighted .

Is this the same man that declared that the jihad group who kidnapped Ken Bigley should just get on and behead him as he (connolly) was sick of hearing about it.

The audience jeered him to which he replied in his usual manner telling them to ---- --.

Bigley was beheaded on the 7th of Oct 2004 after weeks of being tortured.

All shown on line.

Connolly must be well in with the Royals to receive the highest accolade perhaps Charles thinks he is funny.

certainly get your point sam. the highest honour in the land bestowed on a foul mouthed jock. after recent events in the country there"s more deserving hero"s out there who should be knighted.

how about posthumous knighthood for Bernard manning.:thumbsup:

Bit like giving Geoff Boycott an OBE eh?

Oh hold on, he's from Yorkshire so he deserves it.

And Judy Murray,why?got to be for teeth whiteness.

The honours list are a complete joke, ride a bike and win a few gold medals you're a "Sir", while Johnny Johnson protected this country in times of war has to wait until he's in his nineties to get a M.B.E., then foul mouth Connolly gets a knighthood for what?

The honours list are a complete joke, ride a bike and win a few gold medals you're a "Sir", while Johnny Johnson protected this country in times of war has to wait until he's in his nineties to get a M.B.E., then foul mouth Connolly gets a knighthood for what?

But millions of servicemen have protected this country in times of war, and many have paid the ultimate price. A good number have won medals up to and including the Victoria cross. Do they all get an MBE too?

I'm not doubting the mans obvious bravery but the reason he's getting the award is for services to world war 2 rememberence and the community in Bristol.

But millions of servicemen have protected this country in times of war, and many have paid the ultimate price. A good number have won medals up to and including the Victoria cross. Do they all get an MBE too?

I'm not doubting the mans obvious bravery but the reason he's getting the award is for services to world war 2 rememberence and the community in Bristol.

You are missing the point, I firmly believe that millions of service men deserve much more than they got but I can't name them all, but for people in the entertainment industry, no that's not my idea of services to Britain.

You are missing the point, I firmly believe that millions of service men deserve much more than they got but I can't name them all, but for people in the entertainment industry, no that's not my idea of services to Britain.

believe it or not Billys done far more for british entertainment than people seem to know or care for. Far more than "being foul mouthed"

believe it or not Billys done far more for british entertainment than people seem to know or care for. Far more than "being foul mouthed"

With you on that! Billy's been having people in stitches for donkeys years and fully deserves the honour. Tough if people don't understand his humour, their loss.

Certainly more worthy than Sir Bradley Lycrabottom who managed to pedal bits off metal tube round a course a little less slowly than anybody else.

Having said that, these honours mean very little now anyway.

how about posthumous knighthood for Bernard manning.:thumbsup:

id vote for that

---------- Post added 17-06-2017 at 20:53 ----------

totally agree

---------- Post added 17-06-2017 at 20:54 ----------

totally agree