River witham bream fishing

Hi has anyone fished on the witham recently got to be 25 years since I was there

Bream fishing dose anyone go there nowadays please let me know if anyone has any information as I would love to give it another crack:)

I have been across the bridge at Tattersall a few times over the past year, and have only seen one person fishing. I think there are too many carp puddles in that area and people have lost interest.

last time I fished it at Tattershall, which is 6; maybe 8 years ago, it was all perch

During the period I was visiting the area I didn't see any proper big matches like we saw in the 70's/80's, but some of the caravan parks did still have residents matches on that stretch

It's just another sign of the times, everyone wants to turn up at a venue have a big fat lardy breakfast, drive to their peg, wheel their kit out the back of their van 5 yards onto their concrete platform, and catch daft carp all day long, and at the end of the day weigh in 3 keepnets of identical fish and still not frame...

not for me thanks, that kind of fishing almost drove me to pack it in

My days of match fishing are well gone, but how i used to live in hope when i put my hand in the drawbag and get a number between 51-55 at Schoolhouse bend down river from Kirkstead. happy days. The Withams goldfish bowl.

Like most Lincoln would be like another planet for me these days.

Better to get local knowledge, fish in general would be where the feed is going in.

You may get information from Harrisons tackle. Perhaps ask them if they know where matches are fished anywhere, if they know anything they should let you know.

I fished it last year from stamp end lock to dog dyke the river is full of weed and dead had 5 day fishing and only had small fish in all that time, it looked as if no one had fish the river in a long time all the platforms where over grown the only clear bit of the rive was in the middle where the boats have cleared the duck weed and rushes …save your money and don't go

Edited by tangler

blame the eastern Europeans for emptying it for the plate

last time I fished it at Tattershall, which is 6; maybe 8 years ago, it was all perch

During the period I was visiting the area I didn't see any proper big matches like we saw in the 70's/80's, but some of the caravan parks did still have residents matches on that stretch

It's just another sign of the times, everyone wants to turn up at a venue have a big fat lardy breakfast, drive to their peg, wheel their kit out the back of their van 5 yards onto their concrete platform, and catch daft carp all day long, and at the end of the day weigh in 3 keepnets of identical fish and still not frame...

not for me thanks, that kind of fishing almost drove me to pack it in

What I can't get my head round is the enjoyment to be had sitting in a tent waiting for a buzzer to go off. then reeling in a carp that's been caught so often it even has a name. That for me is not fishing

blame the eastern Europeans for emptying it for the plate

harsh , but true .

Racist dimwits.

Racist dimwits.

Theyre not solely responsible for diminishing fish numbers but like the increase in numbers of otters and cormorants, they are a factor.

Passing off reports of their activities as racsim does you no favours.

Theyre not solely responsible for diminishing fish numbers but like the increase in numbers of otters and cormorants, they are a factor.

Passing off reports of their activities as racsim does you no favours.

This wasn't 'reports of their activities' - it was knee jerk blaming on zero evidence.