Accident Glossop Road last night 14/06/2017

I was driving home from work last night and there was lots of police cars, ambulance etc outside the Hallamshire hospital, there was a car on its roof, looked pretty bad, hoping everyone involved is ok, so much bad news lately :(

There must have been quite an impact- or exceptionally bad driving, or both- to overturn a car. They have a low centre of gravity nowadays (other than the wretched 4WD brigade!)

I drove past it and wondered how on earth that had happened. I hope all involved are ok / soon recover

I was driving home from work last night and there was lots of police cars, ambulance etc outside the Hallamshire hospital, there was a car on its roof, looked pretty bad, hoping everyone involved is ok, so much bad news lately :(

and nearest casualty dept. other side of town, great.

---------- Post added 15-06-2017 at 19:48 ----------

There must have been quite an impact- or exceptionally bad driving, or both- to overturn a car. They have a low centre of gravity nowadays (other than the wretched 4WD brigade!)

coming from botanical gardens towards town involves a right turn with slight negative camber, it would be easy to turn one over there.

We passed just after and saw they had hit a bollard in the centre of the road. There appeared to be a child being helped out of the back seat. It looked pretty bad. Hope they were all ok

and nearest casualty dept. other side of town, great.

---------- Post added 15-06-2017 at 19:48 ----------

coming from botanical gardens towards town involves a right turn with slight negative camber, it would be easy to turn one over there.

The Northern General Hospitals Major Trauma Centre is only 3.5 miles away - yes, that is great.

It's not been Casualty since the late 70's :rolleyes:

We passed just after and saw they had hit a bollard in the centre of the road. There appeared to be a child being helped out of the back seat. It looked pretty bad. Hope they were all ok

What an irresponsible place to leave a bollard.