Towering inferno in London

The guys retired why not leave him retired.

Because he was asked- not forced at gunpoint- to take the post.

Most of the properties whats been offered have been turned down as they are not big enough.Surely they should be offered the same size at the worst.

not big enough??? where are they supposed to magic up these perfect properties from?? i reckon most are happy to stay in the hotels which has got to be better than the multi occupancy illegally sub let flats? until things are sorted out anything is better than nothing surely?

not big enough??? where are they supposed to magic up these perfect properties from?? i reckon most are happy to stay in the hotels which has got to be better than the multi occupancy illegally sub let flats? until things are sorted out anything is better than nothing surely?

My post was tongue in cheek,I wouldn't be surprised if the 're housed people are in a lot better property than Grenfill.

My post was tongue in cheek,I wouldn't be surprised if the 're housed people are in a lot better property than Grenfill.

And if they were rehoused in better property, what would you think of that, ukdobby?

And if they were rehoused in better property, what would you think of that, ukdobby?

I'd think good on them they deserve it what they've been through and what would you think horrible.

In serious cases like this one, dont we usually read about arrests or the police seizing relevant documents?

Has there been a statement from the investigation team, will it be a cover-up, like Hillsboro?

There is no way that the police were to blame for this one, so while there might be a cover up, it won't be like Hillsborough.

mine was too and not having a go at your post! i am sure they are being housed in far better properties and hotels which as i said would be far more preferable to the overcrowded sub lets in grenfell, no wonder they are turning down council properties. my point was also how are the council expected to house them in the borough if they dont have suitable empty properties?

mine was too and not having a go at your post! i am sure they are being housed in far better properties and hotels which as i said would be far more preferable to the overcrowded sub lets in grenfell, no wonder they are turning down council properties. my point was also how are the council expected to house them in the borough if they dont have suitable empty properties?

They should be offered at least the same size but also shouldn't turn them down for something bigger.

They should be offered at least the same size but also shouldn't turn them down for something bigger.

Just as importantly after the terror the residents have been through any new property should be somewhere they can feel safe and secure. Recovery from what happened will take a long time.

For a short time put them into private rental properties. Not ideal but likely cheaper than a hotel and a higher standard of accommodation for the families who can try to rebuild their lives. Just put yourself into their shoes for 5 mins, you've had your entire life go up in smoke, are likely suffering significant trauma as a result of the tragedy and seeing other people burning to death, guilt because you survived and are now living in a hostel or hotel a long distance from your work or kids schools. If it costs us (the taxpayer) a few more pounds to pick up the cost of private rentals so these people can start to rebuild then that's fine by me.