How do you become lady mayoress

How do you become lady mayoress is she elected for the role and what qualifications does she require :)

I am no expert, but having a relationship with the mayor might be one option!

I am no expert, but having a relationship with the mayor might be one option!

... is the only option.

Guest sibon
... is the only option.

Cruel... but amusing:)

... is the only option.

Toronto has had a lady Mayor and her husband had nothing to do with it. She was voted in at the council elections from a list of nominations put forward by the would be mayors themselves. Surely the Mayors in Sheffield are voted in by the public, like all the other councillors. OK now I get it you guys are playing the (mavoress) part up right? I am sure the OP didn't mean it that way lol

Edited by TORONTONY

Actually it's a good question. I have no idea what you have to do to be a Mayor, Lady or otherwise. I don't remember ever having to vote for one in the past. That might change with these new Super Mayors. Are they still going ahead with that by the way? Not heard much about it lately.

Sheffield doesn't yet have an elected mayor. Sheffield has a Lord Mayor, ceremonial role, First Citizen, nominated from their ranks in turn by the parties on the council. Lord Mayor can be either male or female. If male, has a Lady Mayoress. If female has a Lord Mayor's Consort.

I think that's the form.

Actually it's a good question. I have no idea what you have to do to be a Mayor, Lady or otherwise. I don't remember ever having to vote for one in the past. That might change with these new Super Mayors. Are they still going ahead with that by the way? Not heard much about it lately.

:huh:

Hmmm...

... Doesn't Somerset already have one? :confused:

Is the route to Mayoress not the same as Mayor!

Being all politically correct and that.

Is the route to Mayoress not the same as Mayor!

Being all politically correct and that.

Parish councils can have Mayors/Mayoresses; some are elected and some appointed. Maybe there have been cases where a same sex couple did both roles ;)