Holiday time but hate flying!

Hi there, we are off on our annual holiday soon, but I am scared of flying.

Is there anyone else out there that feels the same. :)

I love flying, best part of the holiday for me I just think we are so lucky to live in a day & age where it is possible.

On the other hand the wife hates it so I'll be sat holding her hand whilst she cries through another take off.

Guest sibon
I love flying, best part of the holiday for me I just think we are so lucky to live in a day & age where it is possible.

On the other hand the wife hates it so I'll be sat holding her hand whilst she cries through another take off.

Did you think of not bullying her into doing something that she hates?

There are other ways to travel, and other ways to show respect to another human being.

Hi there, we are off on our annual holiday soon, but I am scared of flying.

Is there anyone else out there that feels the same. :)

I am the same, but I grin and bare it.

What helps me is thinking of all the planes that take off and fly all over the world and nothing happens, also look at the cabin crew who fly all the time and think nothing of it.

There's lot of things that can help, don't be scared of flying just accept that you find it uncomfortable like many others.

I don't perticularly like flying but still managed to go all over Europe, the Caribbean and New Zealand, it is a very safe way to travel.

There are other ways to travel, and other ways to show respect to another human being.

This is why I rarely post anymore, a totally uncalled for and nasty post.

Its never bothered me, after several trips my wife grew to bare it ,but like Danny Boys never enjoyed it.

The problem is - my wife was the instigator for foreign holiday and "sun" so who bullied who.

Since we got these dog we've not been abroad for 10 years and we both feel we miss it occasionally.

But these days she won't entertain the 2 hour drive to the airport ,2-3 hours wait to board,that's a days holiday wasted according to her anyway.

Holiday in the UK then and travel by road. Amazing the amount of people who have not discovered some of our superb places.

What a patronising ass you can be sometimes

What an odious post.

Perhaps his wife likes going on holiday but hates the flying part and at her insistence is happy to support her through the part of the journey she doesn't like.

Must be horrible being so judgemental and full of bile.

My wife hates flying but knows it's a means to an end and without it she wouldn't have had the great holidays we've enjoyed over the years.

Hang on a min, you know nothing about their situation, accusing another poster of domestic abuse because of a single post on a thread is out of order. Perhaps he'd tried suggesting holidays without flying but she wants to go even though she hates flying?

---------- Post added 13-06-2017 at 10:43 ----------

I don't like flying much but I love seeing the world so it's a grin and bear it for me. I'd be quite early in the queue when someone invents a teleporter!

They say flying is one of the safest methods of transport. You have more chance of been killed on the journey to the airport than from a plane crash.