Is Rolf Harris a nice man?

Well, is he? I have the distinct feeling that the Australian 'all round entertainer' is actually rather sinister and unpleasant. What makes me say such a thing, you may well ask? Watch closely when Rolf presents Animal Hospital. There was an episode where I am convinced that he was deliberately twisting a West Highland Terrier puppy's paw. I saw the cruel smile playing about his lips when an elderly cat failed to regain consciousness after a kidney operation. I also suspect that he was being sarcastic when he dabbed his eyes with a handkerchief, 'tearfully' saying, 'I've never known tension like it, viewers' when a stick insect was under the anaesthetic. I would not be surprised if he maims the animals himself. The man has the look of a fiend with his devilish goatee. In any case,what sort of deranged, demented mind writes songs that mock the disabled [or the 'differently abled', as some prefer] like 'Jake the Peg'? What manner of deviant pens tunes called 'Tie me Kangaroo down , sport'? And as for 'Two little Boys', comment would be superfluous.

No, Rolf Harris is not a nice man at all and should not be allowed to indulge his sadistic, deviant appetites on British television. What do you think? Of course, if Rolf Harris himself reads this, he will realise that we all know that he is a great guy and popular entertainer in reality guilty of none of the above or following 'crimes'. All is in the affectionate spirit of good-natured persiflage...

I drew him a picture of a monkey i saw on holiday when i was 8 and he wrote back saying i was wasting his time as it looked nothing like a monkey

He also sent round some heavies to 'sort out' my knees.

I still limp.

i want to know why, he wants to tie the kangaroo down

All Australians are nice.

i want to know why, he wants to tie the kangaroo down

To put bags of heroin in its pouch then he'll fly the little critter out of Oz.

It's how he funds his wobble board habit.

I think his sprawling grey beard and hair are quite disturbing and I don't know why he hasn't cut either of them, in so many years. His 'Art Club' programme was particularly sinister. I'm sure he had the children seated round a circular table in a black room with no windows, sneaking up on them with a black pen to correct their 'mistakes'.

Syko you poor thing, surely you could claim for that kind of childhood trauma?? I'm sure your monkey was very good.

Prior to reading this, he would have been my second choice for president, and almost as good as santa. It does all look rather sinister though, perhaps we'd better stick with Henry Moore as world leader.

Yes, Harris is a nasty piece of work. One can imagine him putting spiteful pen to paper, and writing to the young Syko, thinking 'This'll upset the little pommy *******...'

I have heard tales of the Australian yahoo giving the 'v' sign to distraught pensioners at Chester Zoo recently too. Apparently, some were incontinent with fear thinking that the bearded yob was Osama Bin Laden. What is needed is a 'Rolf Watch' on television, where people can keep tabs on the Antipodean menace's activities.

Didnt he sing about two little boys aswell mmmm

See I have always thought Jake the Peg was a very strange song for a grown man to sing!

BUT my mom met him and thought he was absolutely lovely

:)

:) . Rolf Harris was a childhood hero for many years until i got some work experience at london zoo.

he'd been filming there the week before and apparently had a real eye for the female members of staff and......wandering hands!! i was devastated!

he's in his 70s! rolf harris was just another dirty old man? surely not!!! he looked so safe and inviting on tv! i couldn't believe it.....

almost as bad as the time i found out jerry springer had propositioned one of the appleton sisters (married at the time) at some showbizz party in LA. again, he was a real father figure...and his end-of-show catchphrase "take care of yourself...and each other..." brought a lump to my throat.

am still in shock bout that one

:D

I was always a bit concerned about the singer of "Tie me Kangaroo Down, Sport" presenting "Animal Hospital", but there you go.... :gag:

I seem to remember him singing quite a lot about his "Didgeridoo" as well.... and looking like he was having far too much fun blowing into it :help:

StarSparkle