Ladies with class .

Do you find your inability to look at their bare legs frustrating?

No. Ankle length is fine.

Now, most of my jeans are ankle length so do I look like a women or still like a man? I just want to be sure I won't get stopped from using the ladies toilet in the pub later.

My opinion is that your opinion marks you as rather antiquated and misogynistic.

---------- Post added 15-06-2017 at 15:05 ----------

Specifically, this opinion. Firstly, in case you imagined that you mattered, I was pointing out that women don't want nor have asked for your opinion. And I hope the implication that it's offensive and misogynistic was also clear, but I've spelled it out for you now anyhow.

I have never thought I mattered any more than you do, but by coming on the forum you invite peoples opinions. If people don't want it, fine.

So are jeans.

---------- Post added 16-06-2017 at 14:32 ----------

I have never thought I mattered any more than you do, but by coming on the forum you invite peoples opinions. If people don't want it, fine.

I don't think he has an issue with you expressing an opinion; it's just that your opinion is creepy.

---------- Post added 16-06-2017 at 14:33 ----------

Now, most of my jeans are ankle length so do I look like a women or still like a man? I just want to be sure I won't get stopped from using the ladies toilet in the pub later.

When do think a woman last cared about the way spilldig thought she was dressed?

So are jeans.

---------- Post added 16-06-2017 at 14:32 ----------

I don't think he has an issue with you expressing an opinion; it's just that your opinion is creepy.

---------- Post added 16-06-2017 at 14:33 ----------

When do think a woman last cared about the way spilldig thought she was dressed?

I care deeply what some random guy thinks about me. [spoiler alert]I've said this as I'm concerned he suffers from deep self loathing and might harm himself if he thinks no one gives two hoots what his opinion is

Anyway, nice to have a thread that bring us all together, mostly.

I care deeply what some random guy thinks about me. [spoiler alert]I've said this as I'm concerned he suffers from deep self loathing and might harm himself if he thinks no one gives two hoots what his opinion is

Anyway, nice to have a thread that bring us all together, mostly.

I don't think he is a person. I think he's a troll bot written by a virgin teenage boy to express Victorian opinions.

I don't think he is a person. I think he's a bot written by a virgin teenage boy to express Victorian opinions.

Perhaps he's penistone999's more liberal ego?

Perhaps he's penistone999's more liberal ego?

I thought that was Angel Fire......

By the way I'm loving the irony of posting in a 'ladies with class' thread, I don't think I've had class since 1981 and I was born in 83.

Gosh and thought this thread would just die and not fly

Ladies with class go to places with class

And that would be.................where?

Kentucky McBurger King?

Debenham's Ladies Lavatories?

---------- Post added 17-06-2017 at 15:02 ----------

By the way I'm loving the irony of posting in a 'ladies with class' thread, I don't think I've had class since 1981 and I was born in 83.

Me too................

:hihi:

Indeed!

I've become quite adept at extrapolating the real meaning of posts from an arbitrary jumble of grammatical faux pas! ;)

Nicely put. But who is to say what 'the real meaning' of any utterance/post is? The author, or the reader? Or someone else?

---------- Post added 18-06-2017 at 22:54 ----------

I'm fascinated by the idea that in the 50s and 60s, women (and men) were slimmer, more smartly dressed and elegant.

It would certainly seem to be the case if you look at photographs from that period. I don't doubt people were thinner' - any photograph of a crowded beach in the 50s will demonstrate that. You can see most people's ribs.

But elegance...I'm not sure.it could be simply that photographers generally only photographed smart, elegant people. Perhaps all the scruffy, poorly dressed people were too busy slaving away earning a crust or doing the laundry or trying to feed their families, to get dressed up for a photograph.

Rudeness/swearing - definitely worse, in my (obviously subjective) experience!

My mum tells me people smelt a lot sweatier in those days, btw...

Edited by aliceBB