Ladies with class .

Way back in the forty,s fifty,s and sixty,s most ladies looked smart and trim on a day out in Town.

The lovely summer frocks , two piece suite or smart camel coat enhanced by nylon stockings , high heels and big hair.

As I walk around Town these days the one thing I notice is that without fail most have big arssses or deri ders , this is accentuated more by the black body tights or as in most cases trousers and jeans that wobble about leaving nothing to the imagination.

The mystique of yesteryear has now gone, the time when a nice frock,blouse or summer coat left every thing to the imagination and !!!!not a tattoo in sight.

ha ha ha. so true.

Way back in the forty,s fifty,s and sixty,s most ladies looked smart and trim on a day out in Town.

The lovely summer frocks , two piece suite or smart camel coat enhanced by nylon stockings , high heels and big hair.

As I walk around Town these days the one thing I notice is that without fail most have big arssses or deri ders , this is accentuated more by the black body tights or as in most cases trousers and jeans that wobble about leaving nothing to the imagination.

The mystique of yesteryear has now gone, the time when a nice frock,blouse or summer coat left every thing to the imagination and !!!!not a tattoo in sight.

Was going to reply, but can't without sounding sexist like the topic, sorry.

Fashions change.

End thread.

Please post a few pictures of yourself so we can critique what you wear and how you look and ensure that you dress to our taste?

And what are arssses and deri ders ?

Oh dear, I knew you'd get slaughtered with this one on SF.

But I think you're right, (and my Dad's always saying it too, Ladies did look lovely in those days (Love the look on 'Call the Midwife')

However times change and really, that look was very high maintainance and time consuming, in other words not practical for busy, multi-tasking women today.

There are lots of 40's and 50's societies that celebrate those days and the fashions thereof. You'll just have to join one of those.

Oh dear, I knew you'd get slaughtered with this one on SF.

But I think you're right, (and my Dad's always saying it too, Ladies did look lovely in those days (Love the look on 'Call the Midwife')

However times change and really, that look was very high maintainance and time consuming, in other words not practical for busy, multi-tasking women today.

There are lots of 40's and 50's societies that celebrate those days and the fashions thereof. You'll just have to join one of those.

Anna only a woman could really get away with a comment on this thread lol.

Its not just the young. I was at a county show down south and a lady kept pushing into me. She was approx 60 years old. I had enough when I was being pushed over someone's dog. I turned to her and said she should of at least asked or apologise for what she was doing and the abuse I received was shocking.

Class is not just how you dress, its how you act too.

While we're sticking the boot in, notice how its always women who take the kids to school or go to the supermarket in their PJs and dressing gowns?

While we're sticking the boot in, notice how its always women who take the kids to school or go to the supermarket in their PJs and dressing gowns?

And why is it that women are always the one's taking the kids to school?

And why is it that women are always the one's taking the kids to school?

:huh:

Hmmm...

... 'Cos it's their job init? :D