Shed Door Security and Locks

All.

Can anyone recommend a good shed locking system. It has no key function on the door. Therefore I am looking at something like a bar or padlock and hasp. Nothing easy to unscrew and take off etc.

Thanks in advance.

You can spend money on all manner of bars and locks for your shed door but remember that the door isnt the only way in to your shed. The windows and the tongue and groove wall is easily broken in to with a minimum of effort. On our allotment our shed was broken into round the baclk more times than through the door so you have to get your expenditure right. A decent lock is okay but spend some time thinking about other ways you could break in and spread the cost around. A proximity alarm can be useful if properly set up and double skinning vunerable areas is a good idea.

As Geo says, if it's a wooden shed theres really not much you can do. Swapping it for a metal construction is better but cost and asthetics of course....

I should have been clearer, its a linked detached house, so the space between me and next door is our garage area, therefore it has a garage door at the front and a wooden facia at the back, and tiled pitched roof. The back part like I say is wooden and has a wooden door to get into the garage from the garden (the door is like a shed door) hence me saying shed (apologies)

That sounds a bit more securable.

H Harrolds on Shalesmoor was always my first point for security like this - not the cheapest but good advice and they have everything you could possibly imagine.

I'd also be looking at making the timber back a little more secure too - if you could reinforce that with a discreet bit of steel between the houses that would be ideal.

Someone told me a shed is just a Wendy house with stuff in it.

You have to weigh the balance between value of goods stored in there and cost of securing it and the worry of it getting stolen

Just don't store anything in it you can't afford to lose.

All.

Can anyone recommend a good shed locking system. It has no key function on the door. Therefore I am looking at something like a bar or padlock and hasp. Nothing easy to unscrew and take off etc.

Thanks in advance.

My shed was broken into when the thieves removed the screws securing the hinges to the shed wall.

I replaced the screws with coach bolts twenty years ago. Th e shed floor is starting to rot, but no prblems with break-ins since!

My shed was broken into when the thieves removed the screws securing the hinges to the shed wall.

I replaced the screws with coach bolts twenty years ago. Th e shed floor is starting to rot, but no prblems with break-ins since!

I did the same. Long coach bolts, nyloc nuts, and then bent the ends of the bolts over so the nuts can't come off. Bit belt and braces, but they're not coming out without cutting them

You can't secure something that is insecure by design. You need something that is secure by design.

http://www.brodco.co.uk/