Council maisonette tv aerial

Hi guys just a little query!

My sister is in the process of moving into a council maisonette and we've just realised her tv aerial wires have been cut off so they don't reach inside the property any more. I assume with it being a maisonette block it's a communal aerial. Does anyone know if the council will fix this for her or will it be something she'll have to sort out herself?

Thanks!

as a tenants association sec at lowedges and s8 area,i think you will find you provide your own ariel as many people have sky or tv boxes ect.

Obviously there are no "council" houses anymore - if there is a shared aerial your landlord is responsible for maintaining this and the wires from it to your flat.

Hi guys just a little query!

My sister is in the process of moving into a council maisonette and we've just realised her tv aerial wires have been cut off so they don't reach inside the property any more. I assume with it being a maisonette block it's a communal aerial. Does anyone know if the council will fix this for her or will it be something she'll have to sort out herself?

Thanks!

if it a communal aerial they will do it for you, but more likely it will be down to your sister to get it sorted at her own expense

Thanks guys, we've managed to extend it anyway with some extra bits I aerial wires we had and some tape which is obviously not a permanent fix but is doing the job for now :hihi: it's definitely got a communal aerial though, it's a huge one on the side of the block - I assumed the council would have made sure it was at least use able before letting the property but maybe that's a thing of the past these days! There is a sky dish on the back of her maisonette so I assume it was chopped for that reason!

I assumed the council

What is the organisation operating former council properties called?