Why don,t they now get together.

........correct! "the many" voted Tory!......"the few" fell for Corbyns long term unaffordable bribes.

I think you mean, "the nothing like as many as we expected to get a huge majority" voted Tory.

Edited by Pinkman

I think you mean, "the nothing like as many as we expected to get a huge majority" voted Tory.
.........I honestly thought Labour might just pull it off.The Tories fought a dreadful election and deserved to be punished.

The reason Labour pulled up it's pants was because of the eye watering give-aways that Corbyn promised it's voters. who would not want a basket full of those if affordable!...........and No1, promising to scrap student fees this September!!! that shot the Tories in the head from point blank range,which begs the question why the Tories did not do it as a surefire vote winner!

.........I honestly thought Labour might just pull it off.The Tories fought a dreadful election and deserved to be punished.

The reason Labour pulled up it's pants was because of the eye watering give-aways that Corbyn promised it's voters. who would not want a basket full of those if affordable!...........and No1, promising to scrap student fees this September!!! that shot the Tories in the head from point blank range,which begs the question why the Tories did not do it as a surefire vote winner!

I voted Tory in an ultra-safe Labour seat as a private protest against the histrionics of some of the Corbynites on this forum.

I didn't think the Tories would gain a larger majority. I expected the outcome to be pretty much as it was before and hoped that would lead to more cross-party cooperation during Brexit. I didn't expect them to lose seats.

I'm pleased the SNP lost seats. I prefer Scotland to part of the UK but if they vote independence then so be it. But I dislike how the SNP blame London for everything despite significant devolved powers. I quite like that a Northern Irish party has actually ended up as a kingmaker and not the SNP but I'm not actually a fan of the DUP.

I agreed with Labour on some things but not others.

It was in 1910 that a Northern Ireland political party last held sway in Westminster and the effects of that coalition are still being felt today.

It has not been an easy journey and has led to many deaths and much misery along the way.

History repeating its self?

well after election night heres my thoughts corbyn is as arrogant as he is alway has been may is out of her depth and going into a agreement with dup makes her as bad as corbyn with ira

Guest sibon
well after election night heres my thoughts corbyn is as arrogant as he is alway has been may is out of her depth and going into a agreement with dup makes her as bad as corbyn with ira

Competion time.

Rearrange these random letters ^^^ into a well known phrase, or saying.

...both parties to hug it out and vote for a squishy middle.

Ewwww!

"The Duty of an Opposition is to oppose" (Lord Randolph Churchill).

Why should Labour (primarily anti-Brexit) collude to help a hopeless Tory PM push it through?

The 8th of June was possibly the biggest laugh I've had in ages. And with the PM now hooked up with the swivel-eyed loons of the DUP, it just promises to get better and better.

The 8th of June was possibly the biggest laugh I've had in ages. And with the PM now hooked up with the swivel-eyed loons of the DUP, it just promises to get better and better.

If this was a sit-com or some such then i'd tend to agree, but it's real life and we will all pay for the consequences of this mess.

Thursday was the first sign that we are in a post EU world now,one where UK politicians will be held to account for UK politics and the running of the UK,they,and the right wing media can no longer blame the EU for everything that is wrong in the UK,the people have spoken.

No

They are opposed and one of them wont be the government. The government negotiates . They will never agree because one side wants the opposite of the other.

Do they?

Any chance they all might want the best deal they can get for our country?

Do they?

Any chance they all might want the best deal they can get for our country?

Thats right get together if only for a Brexit that suites us all.

Ewwww!

"The Duty of an Opposition is to oppose" (Lord Randolph Churchill).

Why should Labour (primarily anti-Brexit) collude to help a hopeless Tory PM push it through?

Because, and here's the irony, huge amounts of their core voters in the former heavy industrial heartlands are very much pro-brexit. NE Derbyshire saw a 12% swing from the now pointless ukip to the tories (a local boy against the parachuted labour incumbent) kicking labour out for the first time since the 30s. Brexit must be the driving force.