Channel 4 HQ - Sheffield

What do you think they would do differently?

Theyve got existing expertise in the form of small production companies already there for openers - and thats important in that line of work. You dont neccessarily have time to ship in kit or a specific people from elsewhere.

Looking further afield, theres the airport thing as well I suppose....

Previous successes are also going to figure in highly. There's been some amazing top class dramas filmed in Manchester and Liverpool over the past few years. I can't recall the last big Sheffield ones.

However, could that go against them. Would they be looking for some fresh new locations?

Previous successes are also going to figure in highly. There's been some amazing top class dramas filmed in Manchester and Liverpool over the past few years. I can't recall the last big Sheffield ones.

However, could that go against them. Would they be looking for some fresh new locations?

Filming locations will have absolutely nothing to do with it. In any case Channel 4 programmes are not usually made by Channel 4.

Tree cutting drama, big protests, a police officer falls in love with protester. I'll write the script, that will even make it a bigger drama.

This is England and all the follow ups?

This is England and all the follow ups?

Correct. And threads and the full monty. A long way from the number in Manchester or Birmingham.

That said, nobody knows the criteria C4 are using but unless cost is a prime motivator I can't see how Sheffield beats the other candidates.

That said, nobody knows the criteria C4 are using but unless cost is a prime motivator I can't see how Sheffield beats the other candidates.

Local independent producers clustering hereabouts?

Local independent producers clustering hereabouts?

I know for a fact there are loads more in Manchester, a fair few in Birmingham and many many times more, obviously, in that there London. All of the above have better transport links.

I'm not saying Sheffield can't do a good job, it's just birmingham and Manchester would do it better. Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if Sheffield got it - I'd get more work out of it.

Threads, Full Monty, and them other two what were related to prisons

Threads, Full Monty, and them other two what were related to prisons

Prisoners Wives ? This is England ? On a different note I hope that mock up photo in The Star with the headquarters next to the train station dosent happen , it looks horrendous :rant:

Prisoners Wives ? This is England ? On a different note I hope that mock up photo in The Star with the headquarters next to the train station dosent happen , it looks horrendous :rant:

Prisoner’s Wives, that’s the one :thumbsup:

(It’s both of them actually, I somehow thought the two leading ladies were starring in two different shows) :blush:

Oh, and an episode of Top Gear was filmed here, the one with the three-wheeled Robin Reliants

Guest makapaka
I know for a fact there are loads more in Manchester, a fair few in Birmingham and many many times more, obviously, in that there London. All of the above have better transport links.

I'm not saying Sheffield can't do a good job, it's just birmingham and Manchester would do it better. Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if Sheffield got it - I'd get more work out of it.

But your making the point for here.

London would do it better.

But we have enough here to make it work and it being here would help that improve even more.

The attitude that only those currently “capable” should have it is surely partly why they’re relocating?

On another note - the overall pitch by sheffield seems a bit flat - we should be all over this.